See how our featured writers' involvement with the ISA has propelled their careers.
Join your peers Benefit from advice and contribute to the knowledge, while propeling your career forward. Join our community today.
featured SCREENWRITERSSearch Success Stories
Ignite Productions/Texas has optioned BEYOND SUSPICION, a psychological thriller, and will go into development late June or early July 2013.
My screenplay CODE & CHEMISTRY (SF) was a Semi-finalist in the 2012 Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting contest, among 129 out of 7,197 entries (1% best unproduced screenplays in the world according to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, in probably the biggest spec script contest in history to date). In an earlier year it was also a Semi-Finalist in the Chesterfield Writer's Film Project screenplay contest managed by Universal Pictures and Steven Spielberg's Amblin' Entertainment.
My screenplay FANG HUNTERS (Horror satire) has been a Finalist in the AAA Screenplay Contest sponsored by Creative Screenwriting Magazine.
My screenplay HARMLESS (True crime court drama) has been a Quarter-finalist in Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope Screenwriting Contest.
Screenwriter Don Macnab-Stark has recently been hired to write a Hollywood/Bollywood script that David Fincher (The Social Network; Fight Club; Seven) is involved in. Having completed the first draft, Don is looking forward to receiving notes from the famous director.
THE BECKONING BUSH, a full-length screenplay by Deborah Vajda, has made the semifinals of the 2013 CineStory Screenwriting Awards. THE BECKONING BUSH is a story about an adolescent American girl who moves to Liberia when her parents become missionaries. While her parents struggle with West Africa's drastically different culture, she not only acclimates but thrives. Things take a terrible turn for the worse, however, when she becomes too curious about the secret societies of the villagers her parents are there to convert.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 343-1755 Radar Pictures Radar Pictures is a leading independent production company that produces, finances and acquires feature-length motion pictures created for the global marketplace. Writers Guild of America, WEST We work on a unit system (described in detail below*) based on writing employment and/or sales within the Guild's jurisdiction and with a "signatory" company (a company that has signed the Guild's collective bargaining agreement). Depending upon the number of units earned, a writer may be eligible for either Current (full) membership, or Associate (partial) membership. Film Genre for the Screenwriter with Jule Selbo Film Genre is an important aspect of the film narrative. It is important for the screenwriter to understand film genre's place in the story so that he or she can deliver on audience expectations – and maybe even move the screenwriting form forward. ABOVE THE LINE AGENCY
Above the Line Agency represents writers, directors and hyphenate actors. We work primarily in motion pictures, and provide services in television, books, and other media.Minnesota Film and TV
Supports the creation of film and television projects that illuminate Minnesota's cultural history with funds provided by Minnesota's Clean Water and Legacy amendment.Nevada Film Office
The Film Office meets the needs of hundreds of productions annually, fielding questions in all realms of the entertainment industry; from film and television to music and other multimedia projects.Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) A non-profit civil liberties organization working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and access to public resources and information online, as well as to promote responsibility in new media. Writers' Guild of South Africa Above all the WGSA aims to be a support system for the South African writer of TV, Film, Radio, Theatre and New Media. If you write for performance here is the place where you can gain professional information and network with fellow writers and generally have your voice be heard. How to Adapt a True Story into a Great Screenplay Listen to this webinar with Candace Kearns Read and learn how to: Identify the theme of a true story; Use a story’s themes as a springboard for the development of plot and character; Translate real life into dramatic action; Develop engaging characters from real people; Choose what to leave out in the interest of dramatic craft. Tiger Paw Sports Film Festival India's showcase of feature and documentary films revolving around various aspects of different sporting disciplines Toronto Kids International Film Festival
TIFF Kids offers a diverse slate of films from Canada and around the world — films that take children and parents out of the everyday, and use the power of film to foster thought and encourage discussion about the complex and challenging issues facing young people today, and have lots of fun doing it.
Whenever possible, screenings include an opportunity to engage in discussions with filmmakers and special guests to further explore the film's ideas, themes, storytelling techniques and much more.
With TIFF Kids, you can be sure the time your family spends in the theatre will be more than just a day at the movies.
We look forward to seeing you and your children at next year's Festival!Popart Film Factory
23679 Calabasas Rd.
Calabasas, CA 91302Leaudouce Films The primary object of Leaudouce Films is to edify and entertain viewers and ultimately move inspire and enable them to gain insight into themselves. The Indie Gathering Filmmakers, writers, actors, stunt people, special effects, makeup artists Confederation Internationale des Societes d'Auteur We promote the interests of creators and provide the highest business standards to protect their rights. St Tropez International Film Festival
The St Tropez International Film Festival adds it’s name to the long list of Glitz and Glamour in The Côte d’Azur. The 2013 event will be taking place in the South of France from May 16th-18th.
The Festival will culminate with a glitzy, red-carpet, awards ceremony on May 18th.
We have a passion for film but we can offer so much more. We have Film Professionals attending our Festival so we can ensure that your masterpiece will not only have a chance to win one of our coveted awards.Scene Bridge We specialize in support for packaging and financing as well as business and distribution planning of high-quality film projects with passionate talent and crew members. ACME TALENT & LITERARY AGENCY
A full service talent agency based in Los Angeles and New York that maintains a literary division that represents writers of feature films, television movies, and novels.Florida Office of Film & Entertainment The Florida Office of Film & Entertainment serves as a link between industry and all levels of government to improve the business climate for the growth of the entertainment industry. MONTEIRO ROSE DRAVIS AGENCY, INC. For the past 20 years, the Monteiro Rose Dravis Agency has prided itself in representing some of the most exciting projects and professionals in the family entertainment industry. California First Amendment Coalition (CFAC) An independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to "promote and defend the people's right to know"--that is, our freedom of information (to find out) and freedom of expression. Illinois Film Office Illinois is a world class film destination! Check out our location, from the beautiful, iconic Chicago skyline and 58 mile lakefront to the gritty back alleys and unique historic neighborhoods. Nevada Film Festival Featuring top American and international films, bringing together industry professionals and fans Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood The LACFH provides independent filmmakers with the opportunity to have their work recognized, judged and awarded. It is a traditional festival showcasing entertaining domestic and international materials from talented independent filmmakers. Lakeshore Entertainment Lakeshore Entertainment is one of the leading independent production, finance and international sales and distribution companies. FRED R. PRICE LITERARY AGENCY
14044 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 763 6365Michael Wise/Grace Talent Organization Representing writers and directors, and packaging movies. I've been an agent For the last ten years, before that I was Head of ICM literary for fifteen years. I also co-produced "Nighthawks" with Stallone, as well as three other films, seven Hallmark TV movies, and three broadway plays CMS Vatavaran Environ & Wildlife Fest Creating a platform to highlight environmental issues through film WARDEN, WHITE & ASSOCIATES
8444 WILSHIRE BLVD. 4TH FLOOR
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90211
(323) 852-1028Q & A with Robert McKee For over 25 years, Robert McKee's Story Seminar has been the world's ultimate writing class for over 50,000 screenwriters, filmmakers, TV writers, novelists, industry executives, actors, producers, directors and playwrights. NATURAL TALENT, INC.
Specializing in the consultation and representation of creative talent and intellectual properties in the converging markets of animation, comics, and video games.QUALITA DELL’ ARTE
6303 OWENSMOUTH AVE, 10TH FLOOR
WOODLAND HILLS, CA 91367
(818) 936-3566Writers Copyright Association UK Written a Script? A book? Got a great idea? Want to make sure it doesn't get ripped off? We are the number one depository for protection of creative material. CALLAMARO LISA AGENCY LITERARY AGENCY Through her boutique company, The Callamaro Literary Agency, Lisa Callamaro represents screenwriters, directors, and film rights for books. Florida Keys & Key West Film Commission It’s the look and feel of the Caribbean with all the conveniences of shooting in America.The Florida Keys & Key West: Islands of Diversity... The Los Angeles Art House Film Festival Paying tribute to indie filmmakers and writers who do not always receive the notoriety they deserve, without politics or commercialization. Festival du Nouveau Cinema Bringing together both film professionals and film buffs to view and discuss contemporary cinema from around the world CANDACE LAKE AGENCY Canadace has represented clients for Showtime, Oxygen, and the WB and have ventured in to new media by writing scripts for movie-based thrill rides, video games and Internet shorts New England Underground Film Festival Featuring provacative shorts and feature films ShockerFest International Film Festival Featuring independent Horror, SciFi, and Fantasy films Lucerne International Film Festival Quality of content--not budget--is the theme at the LiFF, featuring independent films that usually cannot be found in mainstream theaters; strong story is the soul of the festival. Whitelights Int'l Short Film Festival Supporting Northern Irish and international filmmakers in the short film genre Improve Your Pitch III with Gary Shusett Gary Shusett aka “Professor Logline” returns to the I.S.A. to help you create more effective pitches for your projects. You’ll find this 2-hour teleclass invaluable for understanding how to get busy producers interested in reading your material. Broken Camera Productions Broken Camera Productions was founded by Matthew Garth and David Y. Duncan with the ultimate goal of bringing more movie life to Texas. SUITE A MGMT. TALENT & LITERARY AGENCY
120 EL CAMINO DRIVE SUITE 202
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90212
(310) 278-0801New Mexico Film Office The Office serves the film and television industry locally, nationally and internationally. Our purpose is to market the state to this industry and service the productions. Sudden Storm Productions Sudden Storm Entertainment Ltd. was founded in 2001 by Jesse D. Ikeman and Jeff Glickman. The company produces feature film and television content.