echo htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_title']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"); echo ($contest['contest_anniversary'] != 'None') ? " (season ".htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_anniversary']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8").")": ""; ?>Feature, TV Pilot
Contest Begins: 01/01/2014 Ends: 01/15/2014
We’re flying up to 4 lucky screenwriters to Los Angeles for top level meetings! Accepting entries until January 15th.
The 2013 ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship is designed to advance the careers of talented screenwriters through ongoing consultation and introductions to key entertainment executives and talent representatives. This is not merely a script contest; it is a chance to enter an intensive program meant to foster relationships between emerging screenwriters and industry professionals. With this first-annual fellowship, we aim to cultivate a growing community of visionary screenwriters with meaningful connections to industry mentors. Since it is our first fellowship, we anticipate a relatively modest number of entries, so enter with your best script and you could be one of our winners!
Up to four winners (TV and/or Film) will receive a year of consultation and development, followed by:
- $1,000 stipend and round-trip travel to Los Angeles* to be mentored one-on-one by industry professionals:
- Consultation with Jen Grisanti, acclaimed Story Consultant, International Speaker, Writing Instructor for NBC’s Writers on the Verge, Blogger for The Huffington Post and author of many books. Jen’s clients have sold dozens of pilots and two have gone to series. She has helped several writers sign with top agencies and she has helped over 40 writers get staffed on shows.
- Coffee with screenwriter/producer Don Handfield — Handfield is producing partners with two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner at The Combine. The company most recently produced Kill the Messenger (starring Jeremy Renner and Michael Sheen) for Focus Features/Universal. Don wrote and directed Touchback (starring Kurt Russell) for Anchor Bay and has written or sold projects to Paramount, DreamWorks, Warner Brothers, Lionsgate and others.
- Lunch meeting with Michael Colleary, UCLA screenwriting professor and writer of such blockbusters as Face/Off and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
- Meeting with a literary agent from one of the big five agencies (WME, CAA, UTA, ICM, Paradigm)
- Meetings with hand-picked development executives and industry representatives at such companies as:
Mosaic MediaKaplan/PerroneWalden Media
- 1-year subscription to a Celtx online workspace, Script apps for iOS and Mac OS X, and a one-on-one Celtx consultation to personalize your workflow.
TV Pilot - Winners Announced! - 01/31/2014
- All Genres
TV Pilot [25-75 pages]
- All Genres