Each year, the International Screenwriters’ Association puts out its elite list of screenwriters to watch and 2019 is packed with twenty-five diverse talents who have gone above and beyond to grow, improve, and get noticed, smashing their goals and achieving incredible success in the process.
Some of the highlights of this year’s screenwriter’s achievements include being in production as a writer/director with A-List Talent attached and having a low six-figure option, as well as selections for fellowships, representation, and awards in numerous screenwriting contests.
Beyond the accolades, these screenwriters stand out for their dedication to their craft and career, by taking the initiative to attend networking meetings around town, enter their work to competitions, submit to writing gigs, collaborate with production companies, and produce their own content – all supported by the ISA Development Team.
“These incredibly talented writers deserve their place in the spotlight and have worked hard to get there, it is our pleasure to be on this journey with them as they build their careers” explains Felicity Wren ISA’s Director of Development.
Want to be an ISA Top 25 Screenwriter To Watch?
First, you must sign up to be an ISAConnect member.
Then achieve any combination of the following:*
- Place in any major screenwriting contest in the industry.
- Get a recommendation by The Story Farm.
- Obtain an Industry Pro recommendation on the ISA Writer's Showcase.
- Win ISA verified contests.
- Post your other industry success stories on the ISA Spotlight.
- Win the Fast Track Fellowship.
- Get an ISA Development Evaluation recommendation.
- Get other industry referrals or recommendations and post those on your profile.
International Screenwriters’ Association is dedicated to providing a one-stop shop for screenwriters around the globe. The ISA's web portal includes a wealth of information including writing gigs, classes, podcasts, production resources, pro-industry tips and tricks.
* Our team evaluates all ISAConnect writers equally but there are no guarantees that you will be invited onto the TOP 25 Screenwriters To Watch.
Oscar nominated director John Boorman (DELIVERANCE, EXCALIBUR) will direct the heist thriller UNDERGROUND, written by Ted Campbell a member of the ISA Development Slate and ISA's Top 25 Screenwriters To Watch in 2018. Ted says "The ISA Development Slate’s amazing Evaluation notes are a huge part of this script!"
The film will shoot later this year in Dublin. Ellen Wander of Film Bridge International and Kieran Corrigan of Merlin Films will produce.