The Cynosure Screenwriting Awards seek to expand the scope of mainstream cinema by recognizing and rewarding screenplays in two distinct categories: screenplays which feature compelling female protagonists; and screenplays that showcase diversity (ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.).
There will be one $5,000 Grand Prize Cash Award given to the best script from either category. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Cynosure Mentorship - a meeting with an established Hollywood Producer, Agent or Manager.
The First Runner-Up from each category will receive a cash prize of $500.
The Second Runner Up from each category will receive a cash prize of $250.
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western, Young Adult, Dramedy, Holiday
- Winners Announced!Nov 21, 2020
- Open to all writers in any country, however all entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Scripts by multiple authors are accepted, and any awards, if given, will be divided equally among those writers.
- All writers must sign the entry/release form.
- Screenplays may not have been previously optioned, purchased or produced.
- More than one script may be submitted, provided that a signed entry/release form and application fee accompanies each submission.
- Scripts may be submitted under one category only. If the script qualifies for both, choose the category that best describes the overall spirit of the screenplay.
- Scripts must be the original work of the applicant(s). If based upon adapted material not in the public domain, applicant(s) must attach a statement attesting to their rights to make such adaptations.
- Sponsors do not investigate or attest to the authenticity of an applicant's statement of authorship or rights.
- Scripts must be registered with the WGA or with the US Copyright Office.
- Entries must be accompanied by a signed ENTRY/RELEASE FORM, application fee, and (optional) self-addressed, stamped postcard for acknowledgement of receipt of submission. No other materials will be accepted.
- The Competition is not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen or damaged in transit.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Sponsors, their families, and associates are ineligible for any prizes in the Cynosure Screenwriting Awards.
- Screenplays must be in English only, and may be of any genre. Please do not send originals.
- Screenplays must be in standard U.S. screenplay format, between 90 and 130 numbered pages.
- Title page should include author's name, address, email and phone number. The author's name must not appear anywhere inside the script itself.
None added. Contact contest admin for details.