Lots of scripts are rejected at film festivals. One of the reasons is that there are too many submissions. Writing a film is one thing. The next step is submitting your work to festivals. Then you realize that nothing is really happening. The Sunset Film Festival is different. Giving screenwriters the opportunity to be noticed is our priority.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize Winners in the SCRIPT category get pitches from virtualpitchfest.com.
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western
SCRIPT AND TREATMENT:
1. You can submit any genre, any length for WEB, TV, FILM treatment and script (screenplay) not more then 180 pages in length
2. Please do not send original materials
3. All fees must be paid with entry. All entries must be accompanied by Money Orders or Checks payable to Sunset Film Festival Los Angeles in US Dollars or paid online
4. Fee Waivers will NOT be offered
5. All entrants will be notified of acceptance by E-mail. Make sure your email address is valid.
6. All entries must be postmarked by the deadline date to be considered.
7. There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry and entry fee
8. All festival show times are subject to delay or change.
9. Festival does not provide travel, hotel (motel) for anyone.
11. Awards, certificates, prizes shipping can be picked up at the Event. If you want your prize to be shipped, let Festival know where you wanted. SFFLA we'll give a shipping & handling estimate / quote.
None added. Contact contest admin for details.