Final Deadline Extended Through August 10th
SAVE $25 on your 2nd and 4th Feature or Pilot Entries!
Compete in Your Own Genre!
Entries Accepted in These Genres:
6 Genre Winners will receive $1000 cash each and one will be selected as the Table Read Grand Prize Winner for a career changing table read experience and receive passes to the Austin Film Festival and Writers Conference this October. An established director will workshop your script prior to your Table Read Showcase with professional actors.
After the festival, you’ll become an elite member of the ISA Development Slate where the Development Team will work with you for a minimum of 1 year to get you and your script in front of producers, literary representatives and other industry executives from companies like CAA, Turner, Warner Media, Echo Lake, Bohemia Group Originals and many others. Over 60 screenplays from Development Slate writers have been optioned or purchased in the past few years.
Accepting Features and TV Pilots on the ISA.
Shorts and Web Series may be entered here.
6 GENRE WINNERS
1 FEATURE/TV PILOT GRAND PRIZE
(Selected from Genre Winners)
SHORT/WEB SERIES GRAND PRIZE
- Attend the Austin Film Festival and Writers Conference (Live Events TBD)
- Live Table Read of Your Script with a Professional Director and Actors
- Passes to Films, Panels and More
- ISA Development Slate Acceptance
- Professionally Designed Movie Poster
- Plus Genre Winners' Prizes
- $750 Cash
- Recorded Performance of Your Script with Professional Actors, Published on the Curious About Screenwriting Podcast Network
- ISA Development Slate Consideration
- Script Studio
- 6 Month WrapPRO Membership
Action, Adventure, Crime, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Science Fiction, Thriller
- Top 25 ShortsSep 02, 2020
- Top 100 of Each GenreSep 02, 2020
- Grand Prize (Short/Web Series)Oct 01, 2020
- Grand Prize (Feature/TV Pilot)Oct 01, 2020
- Genre WinnersOct 01, 2020
- Top 10 of Each GenreOct 01, 2020
- This contest is open to anyone except all employees, judges, directors, associates, and immediate families of the TABLE READ MY SCREENPLAY (TRMS) Contest.
- The writer is under no obligation to participate in the contest and understands that it is not a guarantee or expectation of employment.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified submissions be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on script-related factors alone.
- Up to four scripts may be entered on one entry form. Additional scripts can be entered through an additional entry form.
- Promotional discounts offered may only be utilized at the time of submission, and no partial refund for a promotional code may be issued after an entry has been officially submitted.
- Once material has been entered, no substitutions of new drafts or corrections will be considered after 24 hours from original submission time and date have passed. After this time the writer may complete a new entry form and pay the appropriate entry fee to submit a revised version of their script.
- Loglines may be changed once during the competition by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a revised logline; the writer must include the Title and Date of the original submission in the body of the e-mail along with the logline.
- Feedback is a separate service with an additional fee, and unless specifically part of a promotion, is not an expected part of any entry. Feedback is in no way tied to contest placement.
- The writer understands that feedback, whether paid or received as part of a promotion, can take 90 days or more to be returned, and may not be received before the end of the contest. TRMS will make all attempts to return feedback as soon as possible.
- TRMS does not provide notes and/or scoring with every entry.
- Grand Prize Winners from previous TRMS seasons may submit again, provided the contest city is not the same for which they previously won, and they must submit a new screenplay to be eligible.
- Previous Shorts Prize Winners may enter a feature/pilot to any contest. If a writer wins the Grand Prize in two cities they may no longer submit.
- Those who have placed as a Top 10 or Category Winner three times with three separate screenplays are ineligible to submit in any future contest season.
- If two or more of your scripts place in the same prize category, you will be eligible for only one set of those prizes.
- International writers are eligible to participate in the contest, as long as their participation is not prevented by law in either country.
- TRMS will provide roundtrip airfare up to $800 for a Domestic flight or $1500 for an international flight not to exceed $1500. There is no cash reimbursement for flights that cost more than the limit, nor will there be a disbursement of the difference for flights that are less than the limit.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided the writer has written permission to adapt the work from the original source.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible, however the writer assumes all responsibility assuring copyright status.
- Collaborative work is eligible; the writers are responsible for the distribution of the contest prize(s). Only one pass and airfare & hotel for a single writer will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- The script and any related materials must not be in a current option agreement, and/or may not have been previously sold or produced for profit.
- The writer understands and accepts without reservation that they are an independent contractor and that the contest administrators and sponsors are not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments on prize money to any government agency, at any level, be it local, state, or federal.
- The writer understands that it is their sole responsibility to register material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writers Guild of America West or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
- The writer must retain at least one copy of the submitted material and understands that any material we receive cannot and will not be returned under any circumstances.
- Script Length Guidelines: Feature – (70 – 130 pages), TV Pilots – (10 – 70 pages), Shorts – (1 – 45 pages), Web Series Pilots (1-20 pages)
- Scripts longer than recommended length will still be considered for the contest and will not be disqualified.
- If a screenplay is submitted for feedback and is over 130 pages, an additional service fee of $1 per page will apply; the writer will be invoiced separately for the fee. If the writer does not wish to pay an additional fee, the Feedback Reader will be instructed to read the first 130 pages only.
- All entries must be received by Final Deadline. TRMS reserves the right to extend the contest deadline up to 90 days.
- TRMS is not responsible for late, lost, unacceptably formatted, corrupt, or incorrect submissions, and may not be able to honor such entries.
- The writer may submit their screenplay to any other person, contest, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization.
- The writer retains all rights to their screenplay, subject to the terms and agreements contained herein.
- The writer assures that to the best of their knowledge they have the legal right to submit it for judging to TRMS.
- The writer understands that their logline and/or screenplay will be reviewed by ISA and TRMS employees and/or our panel of Industry Judges for evaluation. The writer also understands that any one of these employees or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to those contained in scripts they read, and hereby waives any claim that TRMS, its employees or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of their submission logline or script.
- No agreement for compensation, other than the TRMS prizes listed, has been implied.
- Confirmation of entry will be received once a script is submitted with an entry form and completed with an entry fee through our payment vendor. The writer must provide a valid e-mail address with entry; if an email address should change after submission, it is the writer’s responsibility to let us know.
- The writer understands that the ISA and TRMS will be free to use their name and likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration, should the writer make it past the first round.
- All winners agree to give permission to the ISA, TRMS and other sponsors for associated contest audio and video recordings of the Table Read and other events to be used on websites and social media platforms.
- TRMS reserves the right to award a cash prize at its discretion. The Winner is under no obligation to accept the associated prizes but will not be awarded or owed a cash replacement upon electing not to move forward with prizes offered.
- TRMS may develop a series or documentary style program based on the inner workings of the contest and the production resulting there from. TRMS reserves the right to contact the writer with offers to participate in any such production. The writer is under no obligation to participate therein.
- All Grand Prize, Top 10 and Semifinalist choices are made at the express decision of TRMS, and once made are considered final. The writer agrees to accept without reservation the decisions rendered by the judges.
- There are no refunds for submissions at any time for any reason.
- TRMS has the right to change or add to the prizes at any time, without notice, and/or substitute prizes of equal or lesser value.
- Additional rules may be amended at the sole discretion of TRMS.
- By submitting to this contest, your email address will be added to the contest database as well as the InternationalScreenwriters' Association newsletter for weekly updates, contest promotions and other notifications. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- By selecting ‘I have Read and Understand the Contest Rules’ on the entry page and submitting, the writer agrees to all of these rules.