The premise line is the only reliable tool that can tell you, before you start writing, whether or not your story will work. This intensive workshop will give you the tools to create, design and validate a premise idea which are essential skills every writer needs in their toolbox.
You will learn:
- The essentials of premise and logline development and premise-idea testing
- How to understand the confusing and conflicting theories of story premise
- A repeatable and proven process that is used by New York Times bestselling authors and produced screenwriters
- The two essential structures necessary to tell any story
- How story, plot and character all work to reveal structure
- How to cut your story development time in half
- Depending on class size, some participants can work one-on-one with Jeff Lyons in "the hot seat," and have their stories evaluated right in class.
INSTRUCTOR - Jeff Lyons is a script doctor, story development consultant, script editor, instructor and founder of STORYGEEKS.
IMPORTANT: Please note that each guest and/or attendee needs to REGISTER individually.