Join Bill Boyle, award-winning screenwriter and master of visual storytelling, in this focused screenwriting retreat in Galway City, Ireland. Through classes and one-on-one coaching, Bill will teach you how to create a powerful, visual narrative that will engage the interest and imagination of your readers. With Bill's help, you'll begin to look at your screenwriting from a new perspective, one that will help you move forward with confidence and a renewed sense of excitement.
You're likely to have breakthroughs that surprise you:
- Discover new ways of looking at your writing
- Work through issues that have dogged you
- Find ways to get your writing to flow
Bill Boyle is the lead proponent of a visual style of screenwriting called Visual Mindscape, a visual approach to screenwriting and storytelling that allows the reader to experience a story as each image unfolds, engaging them at a visceral level.
You'll participate in a series of screenwriting classes that will progressively take you through Bill's powerful Visual Mindscape method of screenwriting. You'll learn how to:
- Create a powerful, visual narrative
- Write in the immediate present tense
- Use narrative pacing and descriptives
- Establish atmosphere
- Capture the pulse of screenplay dialogue
- Create vivid, engaging characters
You'll have two private script consultations with Bill to discuss your current project and ample time during the week to ask questions and chat with Bill.
"The Visual Mindscape Method allows the reader or viewer to 'discover' elements of the story rather than being told. By being able to actively participate in the unfolding of the story, the overall experience for the reader becomes a more visceral and luminous experience. I feel this is the true magic of the screenplay." ~ Bill Boyle
You'll enjoy a room in the lovely family-owned Harbour Hotel located on the waterfront in the heart of Galway City. The hotel is ideally situated just a few minutes' walk from Eyre Square, the city center, Shop Street, and the lively bars and cafes of Quay Street.
The retreat includes a day tour to the famous Cliffs of Moher, an ancient burial tomb in The Burren, the quaint town of Cong where "The Quiet Man" was filmed and a celebratory dinner in The Dungeon at Ashford Castle.
Get more details at: miaterraretreats.com/visual-mindscape-screenwriting-galway
You'll find inspiration in Ireland. From the moment our coach picks you up at Dublin Airport to the time you return for your flight home, this lovely country will wow you with its jaw-dropping landscapes, its delightful people, its heart-felt music, scrumptious fresh food (not to mention the Guinness), and a nurturing atmosphere fit for any writer.
- Screenwriting program with award-winning screenwriter Bill Boyle
- 2 private script consultations with Bill Boyle
- 7 nights shared or private room in the lovely Harbour Hotel in Galway, Ireland
- Round trip coach from Dublin Airport to Harbour Hotel
- Delicious meals include: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Day trip to Cliffs of Moher (with admission), The Burren (with admission), Cong and Ashford Castle
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Meals not listed in the inclusions above
- Tips, souvenirs, and other items not listed in the inclusions above
"I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful workshop on the Visual Mindscape in screenwriting. I am already putting your teaching to use... your workshop cracked open my whole concept of what a screenplay is and what it could be. The practical writing tools and devices you shared were extremely helpful." ~ Hilary White