<

THE FORUM

Forum»Writer's Block»Tips from our Members
Tips from our Members
Here are answers straight from our Facebook and Twitter followers!
Comment (6) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Erman Baradi
"The key for me is just to continue writing. It may not be for the project I am working on, but just write. Write lyrics to your favorite song, write your favorite lines from movies. Write down what you did today... anything. The worse thing you can do is walk away from your keyboard. Inspiration comes in many forms, you never know where you will find it." -Ruth
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
320 week(s) ago
Erman Baradi
"Switch to a different screenplay to get distance, 2) go back to an earlier point in the screenplay that is giving you trouble and figure out what is not working. When you handle that spot in the script, the writing flows again." -Maarit
320 week(s) ago
Erman Baradi
"Go do something different - a small task, step outside in fresh air for 5 minutes, make another cup of coffee. The inspiration/next move almost always comes when you're doing something else, not thinking (blocking) about what to write, or that you can't." -Isaac
320 week(s) ago
Erman Baradi
"Stop trying to make your writing fit into whatever preconceived notion you have about what your writing "should be". Stop aiming. Stop thinking. Let go." -Andrew
320 week(s) ago
Thes best thing you can do IS walk away from your keyboard....go outside, view the world, fix that leaking tap, take the dog for a walk, have a few beers at a bar, sit outside a cafe and watch the world go by.....then go back to the keyboard.
310 week(s) ago
Erman Baradi
I have to walk away all the time! Sometimes, I put the script "back in the drawer" and check it out a month later. Does it resonate with me still after that much time?
302 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login