<

THE FORUM

Forum»Daily Discussion»#30DayChallenge Day 1 - Voice, Loglines, and Establishing Your Concept
#30DayChallenge Day 1 - Voice, Loglines, and Establishing Your Concept
And we're off! How's the first day shaping up for you and the concept you've established? Where is your (extremely important) logline taking you? Discuss your first day so you have something to compare to on Day 30.
Comment (32) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
1 2 3 4 >
So far I've come up with 10 different versions of my logline. Every time I try to narrow it down to just 1, I come up with a few more lol Writing a decent logline has always been one of the hardest parts of the screenwriting process for me *sigh*
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
248 week(s) ago
Admittedly, I am working on a story that I began some time ago. However, I didnít get very far (stuck at the end of Act 1) even though I already had a logline. I like the story, so Iím hoping this challenge will lead me to completion.

I believe that the writing of a logline for each of the Acts may have helped me work out a few bugs. I have even made changes to my original logline, so I guess I have made progress.

248 week(s) ago
Timothy Norman
Very excited to work on new loglines and re-evaluate loglines for existing projects. Finding the course material very compelling and succinct. Looking forward to this journey! :)
248 week(s) ago
Carlos Speziali
I never thought a few minutes reflecting about my voice would make such a difference in establishing my concept. Good start :)
248 week(s) ago
I have a question for all of you. From your point of view, What is the difference between a sypnosis and a logline? =)
248 week(s) ago
Rollin Herold
I've always thought of a synopsis as being a little longer and with more beats than a logline since I've always used my loglines as the "elevator pitch". Just my humble opinion.
248 week(s) ago
There's so much more in creating "The Voice" than I had thought. This was a good lesson. At first the Pressure Points weren't making much sense, but then I tried it out, and got it... Isn't just about the sound and rhythm of words.
248 week(s) ago
Patrick Thompson
Longer than it should be. -- but here is what I have so far.... after rewriting several times.

LONGLINE:
Brow-beaten into promoting another crappy movie by another smarmy producer, Julie Kay finds herself at yet another horror convention signing salacious early career sa8x10ís for greasy, basement dwelling, horror fans. When she, and her cast mates, find themselves locked in the main room of the convention center hunted by a killer in a furry costume, Julie is forced to find her inner bad ass and save the day Ė like her movie persona.

Love the idea of a longline for each act, and got an idea or two from the voice exercise.

Exercise for myself - write a contained thriller/horror with limited locations and characters.
248 week(s) ago
Joshua Tousignant
The examples given (in the assignments) are way too long for my taste buds; bordering on a synopsis. So I'd just like to share this website that I found if anyone else has had the same feeling. It certainly gives another perspective on what a working logline could look like, so all the more. Hope this helps. http://makeyourbookamovie.com/building-the-perfect-logline-for-your-book-screenplay-or-other-story/441/
248 week(s) ago
1 2 3 4 >

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login