<

THE FORUM

Forum»Daily Discussion»My Logline Samples.
My Logline Samples.
Here are my Logline samples for the same script. Please tell me which you like the best or what you'd recommend?

TITLE: MID-LIFE CRISIS
LOGLINE: I am 44. What if I live to be 90?
LOGLINE 2: I am 44. I’ve achieved all my dreams. Now what do I do with the rest of my life? What if I live to be 90?
LOGLINE 3: I am 44. I’m an overachiever who has achieved all my dreams. Now what do I do with the rest of my life? What if I live to be 90?
LOGLINE 4: I am 44. I’m an overachiever who needs love but has achieved all my dreams. Now what do I do with the rest of my life? Do I choose love or keep making new goals? What if I live to be 90?
LOGLINE 5: What does an overachiever who needs love do with the rest of her life knowing she’s hit her mid-life crisis?
Comment (5) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Please read the other thread. Apparently I cannot edit this one and ISA system does not read apostrophes.
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
265 week(s) ago
I don't see much of a story in any of these loglines. Sorry but they should have the Protagonist, what they are up against and who they are up against. This seems like a one-character solo - could be a person talking to themself in the mirror demanding answers for what she gave up to be the over achiever that he/she became.
265 week(s) ago
Sorry but they should have the Protagonist - the woman
what they are up against and who they are up against - mid-life crisis
and who they are up against - herself

265 week(s) ago
I think what you need is a situation to put your protagonist in that will help her address her issues and make them visible to the audience. Something needs to happen that reveals to her that she's having a mid-life crisis.

What does being an over-achiever bring in terms of complications? Is it that she can't find anybody on her level?

A bored CEO decides to smash up everything she has achieved in life in order to find a reason to live.

Could be a comedy - like Brewster's millions?

262 week(s) ago
Molly Alexander
Sherry, I guess the question is what is her goal? She is going through a mid-life crisis but what does she lack and what are her obstacles?

Here is a sample:
A lonely middle-aged woman with a successful career falls helplessly in love and pursuit a CEO who doesn't feel the same way about her.

The conflict must be clear and present. The main character must want something externally and another thing internally that will come out in the story. In this logline, she wants the CEO, but she needs love. She is deprived of love due to her focus on her career but now seeks what is long missed. Will she go about it in the wrong way? Of course, she will. She is going through a mid-life crisis, alone.

So, think about your story and invent conflicts that are true and realistic that we could relate to and, will grab the audience attention.

I hope that helps.
262 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login