<

THE FORUM

Forum»Daily Discussion»#30DayChallenge Days 3 & 4 - Sequence Writing & Breaking Your Story From A Character Perspective
#30DayChallenge Days 3 & 4 - Sequence Writing & Breaking Your Story From A Character Perspective
A few days in, what may have started as chaos has hopefully become more ordered and focused. Don't break down and cry; break down those beats. Are you listening to what your characters are telling you?
Comment (4) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Before starting the challenge I had my main and secondary character figured out and the direction I want them to go. I did not have villain set up as a person but rather an obstacle or a force. I did create a person as a villain to see how it goes with the writing process. I knew the importance of the secondary character of pushing the main character in his or her main goal. listening to and understanding the importance of the secondary character is making more sense. The sequence writing and assignments to me seem overwhelming, but once I start them I can't stop until its done. enjoying it I guess. Has anyone doing the TV writers assignments feel the 30 day challenge is helpful?
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
248 week(s) ago
I had a wonderful time with this one: I found it time consuming for one - all 12 sequences - pretty tough even knowing that it's better to get something done and it will all be open to change and revision. The breakthrough I had was that even though I was reading how the sequences should relate to the MC and the 2nd Helper and/or villan and challenging their flaw I found myself writing the plot more then the emotional through line. Now that we have a day off - so to speak - I will go back over this assignment and revise some more with the FLAW in mind.
248 week(s) ago
Carlos Speziali
Something really interesting happened when I started developing my Main Character's Rival. It was the Rival's perspective that made me truly explore the plot potential. It almost makes me want to tell the story from the Rival's POV. I'm loving this :)
248 week(s) ago
Working through day 3 and 4. ALOT of information. Enjoying how the program forces you to brainstorm an idea and then go back and adjust as we move forward.  Almost completly scrapped my first concept but rescued it throught the suggested brainstorming the Log Lines for each sequence.
231 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login