<

THE FORUM

Forum»Daily Discussion»Thank You Max Timm and ISA
Thank You Max Timm and ISA
Hello

I'd like to give a huge Thank You to Max Timm and all the staff at ISA for the 30-Day Challenge.

We've already had great lessons and I can't wait to see what's waiting around the corner.

Sincere Thanks,

Patricia
Comment (4) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Day 3 and I already feel like I've had a growth spurt -- looking forward to day 30!
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
265 week(s) ago
This course gets right down to the nuts and bolts. Never mind the Main Character's flaws, it's made me seen my own-- or some of them anyway! I've never had to think so hard in my life. The theory of structure and character has suddenly become a real pattern that I can follow.
265 week(s) ago
Yes, a big Thank You! The challenge approach seems to naturally fit with my work style. I just need a little nudge every day and that renews my excitement to pick up right where I left off. Even though I'm not keeping pace with the assignment days -- due to inevitable priorities and unexpected events -- I'm comfortable with that since I'm making significant progress. The challenge is a reminder to me to keep returning to the work as soon as I am able to. My second romantic comedy spec script has been structured for months and some scenes written, but the rest of the writing always seems to be on the back burner. Since this is also a mystery, it needs complex and careful structuring. The audios and texts for developing each section are helping me fine tune the plot and naturally come up with some new scenes and action that develop the character conflict and romance. And this burst of progress is creating the momentum and renewed enthusiasm for me to do the intense work needed to complete the screenplay. Even if I don't finish the "really-good" complete draft that I am aiming for in 30 days, it won't take too much longer than that! Then I will have two great spec scripts.
264 week(s) ago
Yes - thank you all for having this in place to write and fail and write and succeed. And write and learn!

James
264 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login