<

THE FORUM

Forum»Daily Discussion»#30DayChallenge Days 5 & 6 - Moment Listing & the 2nd Act; Building Your Outline
#30DayChallenge Days 5 & 6 - Moment Listing & the 2nd Act; Building Your Outline
As you've continued on this #30DayChallenge journey, you're probably finding yourself in places you never expected. Where are you in the moment? Keep going, and keep connecting here.
Comment (7) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Carlos Speziali
It's been a hell of a ride to the Mid-Point!
And now I have a favorite screenwriting expression:
Stakes Raised to “Shit Just Got Real” Level
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
269 week(s) ago
Don't want to be petty but it seems strange in Day 7 here -- In today's Text and Recordings Max says that Sequence 9 is the Dark Night Of The Soul and has his daily quote - which was a really nice choice BTW -- BUT in the Lesson 3 breakdown of the 12 Sequences it seems that #10 is labeled the Dark Night Of The Soul.

What I really want to say is how productive these lessons are! The piecemeal approach to having each Sequence in it's own File is really freeing. I really like it and can make all kinds of notes and also writes parts of scenes - which as a PDF file or just by copy and paste I can put it into my script software program and with just a few adjustments have it in format form. I also want to commend the incisiveness of the lessons. Quick and to the point (like I like my women!)

Thanks,

James
269 week(s) ago
Loved the lesson today DAY 8!!

Thanks for the personal stories as they do make total sense within the lesson you - Max Timm - are teaching us. #30DayScreenwritingChallange

Very appreciative

Gotta get back to writing.

James

269 week(s) ago
Just finished reading the screenplay for Stranger Things. Although this was a Pilot for a TV show it showed how much you can do in so littile time. 
251 week(s) ago
Still posting my progress. The spammer is probably making it so not one reads this but I will do it for my own exercise. The course really works to make your scrrenplay something you don't see in movies these days. A unified theme. Stated on the poster and follwed through on. I bet Manchester by the Sea's poster didn't say a depresing protrait of New England where everybody dies but that would have been right on. So still loving the course. Using this more as a journal than anythig but that works too!
250 week(s) ago
Just finnished Lesson 9 and 10. My screenplay is outlined and I have the first sequece set, establishing the Characters, Setting, Theme and Central Conflict. All is looking good for going forward and I will keep making entries as I go. Hope this helps if your thinking of doing the course! I am finding it more than worth the cost.
249 week(s) ago
Through Lesson 13. Have finished my first sequence and am really happy with it. I have NEVER taken this much time to write my opening three scenes. The Screenplay in 30 Days sounds like you are rushing through your process but you really are not. Each step makes you turn back to your screenplay and ask a ton of questions of your story, your character, your hook but does not overwhelm you with too much information.
Next section is interviews with professional writers, some of my favorite podcasts to listen to so the class remains a treat. 
247 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login