<

THE FORUM

Forum»Looking for a Writing partner? Connect here!»Fantasy Genre (The Lewis to My Tolkien)
Fantasy Genre (The Lewis to My Tolkien)
As the Thread Title suggests, I've always wondered about the imaginative insights writing partners have with one another, especially in terms of world-building. More than any other Genre, I dare say, we are besieged by our own ideas. The fantastical clashes with logic and the improbable; at all hours of the night, we endure, wishing for it to stop, yet loving the gain. How deep our imaginations go, abound all corners, to reveal; evermore, relentless questions that seemingly never stop. A world building...

We as fantasy writers are secretive with our ideas. It takes a certain amount of trust, no, a certain amount of credibility or personality, for us to even accept another's thoughts on the matter that have only ever existed within our own minds. I am not sure myself ~ whether this process can be maintained, if one can respectively form a brain trust outside of ever having met. But I find it interesting and think, why not? Of all the years and nights lying awake, rattling with my brain about what makes this story great? The endless questions, I alone MUST figure out... if only there was someone else out there whom could understand, just what I am going through, and react in that same positive light. As C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien once made, what say we two cannot yet create better worlds for each-other? So I ask:

Has any other World Builder felt curious about the same thing? :p
Comment (1) Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
Shakeil Kanish
I'm looking for a writing partner and I love the science fiction and fantasy genre! 
Login to Reply privately Login to Report abuse
222 week(s) ago

To add a comment, please, log in first.

Login