* Scripts must be within 2-30 pages
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be in English.
* The winning script(s) can be produced in any country.
* We accept short scripts, animations, web series, and proof of concept TV pilots and features.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome.
* You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writer's original work, or they own the copyright.
* Shore Scripts and the film-making team will share equal responsibility for sending the film to festivals.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* The film-making team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* You may enter the same screenplay into both the Short Contest and Short Film Fund. There will be a discount for entering both contests.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* The writer must not have earned more than $30,000 (£23,000 approx.) in screenwriting fees in the last five years. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. Screenwriting contest awards do not count toward this total.
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* You may enter a newer draft of an already submitted script. There will be a small fee involved. You may re-enter your script through our Resubmission page or via our industry partner’s platforms.
* Scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
* The winner(s) consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* Shore Scripts will be able to promote the winning film(s) in any way we see fit.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her own script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winner(s). We will also open to co-productions and additional funding from outside sources.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the production companies credited on the project. David Beazley will also be credited as ‘Executive Producer’.
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a producer working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* Shore Scripts are flexible as to the production dates of the winning project(s). However, if said projects haven’t been filmed within 18 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted project.