Cinequest voted Best Film Festival by USA Today Readers.
The Cinequest Screenwriting Competition continues to empower global screenwriters through discovery, recognition and opportunity. Cinequest loves writers, and we welcome you to submit your screenplay or teleplay to our renowned competition. The Top 10 Finalists receive many empowering benefits including: All Access passes to the Cinequest Film & VR Festival and the exclusive Writers Celebration, plus exposure to leading industry players and inspiring luminaries.
Short Film Winner
Teleplays (60 minute) Winner
Teleplays (30 minute) Winner
Top Three Finalists (Feature, Short, Teleplays):
Top Ten Finalists (Feature, Short, Teleplays):
• All genres are accepted. Especially seeking drama, comedy, thriller/mystery, sci-fi, and highly original material.
• Contestants from all countries are eligible.
• Screenplays must be submitted in English.
• Feature-length screenplays must be between 70 -125 pages.
• Short Film screenplays must be 20 pages or less.
• Teleplays (60 mins) must be between 45-70 pages (approx. 1 hour show).
• Teleplays (30 mins) must be 45 pages or less.
• Any script over the indicated page limit will receive automatic point deductions per page over.
• Script must be properly formatted according to industry standards.
• Digital submissions in PDF format only.
• Cover Page Instructions: Please include ONLY your script’s title on your cover page so that readers may remain unbiased in their decisions.
• Rewritten/corrected pages WILL NOT be accepted once the entry has been received.
• There are no entry fee refunds.
• Any script that becomes purchased, optioned, or put into production before the Final Jury decision on February 18, 2018 will be eliminated from the competition with no entry fee refund.
• Scripts written as adaptations of other works must have secured rights before being submitted.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)