Cinequest voted Best Film Festival by USA Today Readers.
The Cinequest Screenwriting Competition continues to empower global screenwriters through discovery, recognition and opportunity. Cinequest loves writers, and we welcome you to submit your screenplay or teleplay to our renowned competition. The Top 10 Finalists receive many empowering benefits including: All Access passes to the Cinequest Film & VR Festival and the exclusive Writers Celebration, plus exposure to leading industry players and inspiring luminaries.
Short Film Winner
Teleplays (60 minute) Winner
Teleplays (30 minute) Winner
Top Three Finalists (Feature, Short, Teleplays):
Top Ten Finalists (Feature, Short, Teleplays):
We are squarely focused on supporting emerging screenwriters in their professional growth by providing nearly every tool and resource available in the industry. It's our express goal to support writers of any level or background, who are proactive in developing their careers and are willing to learn from the insights and expertise of our community members. Screenwriting takes perseverance. The harder you work, the better this site will work for you.
So much of the opportunity available to your script is spent within the first twenty pages. You need to make sure the hook, teaser, cold open… grabs the reader and presents you like it should. This analysis will give you those answers.
You know your work inside and out, now it’s time to get a second opinion. We’ll read your full script, and you’ll receive a detailed personalized critique on what we see, what we think, and suggestions on where to go next.
For those looking for an extensive breakdown of the inner-workings of their creative material. Writers who select this Analysis will receive suggestions on how to improve overall writing, story, structure, characters, pacing, stakes, climax and resolution, specific problem scenes, tone and overall commercial appeal.
• All genres are accepted. Especially seeking drama, comedy, thriller/mystery, sci-fi, and highly original material.
• Contestants from all countries are eligible.
• Screenplays must be submitted in English.
• Feature-length screenplays must be between 70 -125 pages.
• Short Film screenplays must be 20 pages or less.
• Teleplays (60 mins) must be between 45-70 pages (approx. 1 hour show).
• Teleplays (30 mins) must be 45 pages or less.
• Any script over the indicated page limit will receive automatic point deductions per page over.
• Script must be properly formatted according to industry standards.
• Digital submissions in PDF format only.
• Cover Page Instructions: Please include ONLY your script’s title on your cover page so that readers may remain unbiased in their decisions.
• Rewritten/corrected pages WILL NOT be accepted once the entry has been received.
• There are no entry fee refunds.
• Any script that becomes purchased, optioned, or put into production before the Final Jury decision on February 18, 2018 will be eliminated from the competition with no entry fee refund.
• Scripts written as adaptations of other works must have secured rights before being submitted.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)