Enter now for a chance to have your script read by professional actors! Every script submitted (fee is $25) is in the running to be one of 2 scripts chosen to be read in front of our audience and this month's Industry Insider, HOLLY HINES, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, CONTENT - DYNAMIC TELEVISION, in a West Hollywood Theatre on Monday, September 18th, 2017 at 7.30pm.
Holly is an experienced programming and development exec who works with writers to create and sell scripted series to networks in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. Her global knowledge, and perspective on how to move a project from idea to produced series will be fascinating.
Our event will also be Live Streamed, so if a writer is selected from outside LA they will be able to watch online and receive feedback live from the Insider, the audience, and the online viewers - as if they are sitting in the theatre.
Whether you enter or not, you can also join us, or tune in to watch the readings, interact with our Insider, contribute feedback and gain valuable insights into the feedback and re-write process.
Awards & Prizes
Writers selected (2 or 3):
- Hear up to 30 pages of your script read by professional actors in front of an audience.
- Immediate feedback from an Industry insider, and other writers with one goal - to help the script improve.
Attendees to the Monthly Reading: Monday, September 18th, 2017 (suggested contribution $10) and Live Stream Viewers:
- A chance to meet an Industry Insider, get information and ask questions.
- Improve feedback skills - which improves writing skills.
- Cookies and hydration Station included for those in attendance only. Sorry online viewers.
- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files.
- Submission fee ($25) must accompany the script.
- Script can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page (One act of your feature script, most of your pilot, some of your play etc.). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Screenplay, TV Pilot, TV Spec, Web Series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE.
- The reading will be live streamed so the out of town writer can watch the reading and participate in the notes section live.
- At the conclusion of each month's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to attend the readings, re-write and re-submit.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.
Welcome to LiveRead/LA!
‘The LiveReadLA event is the kind of supportive community screenwriters dream about, with great actors and an insightful moderator leading the exchange of constructive feedback. It was an honor to be a guest and I look forward to coming back soon!’ - Mickey Fisher – Creator, ‘Extant’ (CBS) and ‘Reverie’ (NBC) and our Industry Insider, August 2017
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)