***We are proud to offer a $10 discount to all ISAConnect members, plus an extended deadline exclusive to all of the ISA***
The 2017 Shortcut100 Film Festival is the 5th annual short film showcase by Nebula Creatives L3C dedicated to recognizing and honoring independent filmmakers around the world. By filmmakers for filmmakers, our goal is to promote the visions and voices of others in our community.
Every year we showcase a diverse range of short films, promoting the best of independent cinema to our audiences. Always held in unique locations, featuring a red carpet reception, after party, and plenty of filmmakers in attendance, we strive to bring together passionate storytellers and those who appreciate their work. This year, we’re proud to be collaborating with Women in Film Chicago, IFP Chicago, Scaffolding Magazine, and Chicago Screenwriters Network.
Are you a member of any of these organizations? You may be eligible to get a discount on submission and admission fees!
This year for our 5th anniversary, in additional to our Audience Award, which receives a cash prize and a Shortcut 100 certificate, we are offering 3 additional awards: (1) "Scaffolding Magazine's Best Short Screenplay Award," (up to 20 pages in length); (2) a Women Filmmakers Award; and (3) a Best Shot-In-Chicago Award for short films produced locally. These new awards will be chosen by our panel of judges and will each receive a $100 cash prize along with a trophy. Winner will also be interviewed and featured in a special edition of Scafffolding Magazine in its fall issue.
Guidelines for All Short Scripts:
• Scripts must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
• Submissions must enter on or before August 5, 2017 at 12:00PM CST.
• Submitted Short scripts need to be under 20 pages in length and must be an original script and the sole property of the applicant(s). No exceptions.
• All non-English language short scripts will need to be translated and submitted in English.
• A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each script.
Submissions need to be the final version; no corrections or substitutions of pages will be
allowed once the script is uploaded into the web portal.
• Entries will need to be uploaded as a PDF.
• Scripts must not be in production.
• All ages are eligible.
• Submissions to the Short script contest are required to have a Cover page with the following information:
Page Count (excluding the Cover Page)
Contact Email Address (can include two email addresses if applicant so desires)
Phone Number (please include area code)
• If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible to win an award.
• Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that have previously won any contest, competition, grants, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
• Scripts submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
• ‚· The title for the script cannot be changed and resubmission later under a different name.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)