The Williamsburg International Film Festival is now the Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition, an online-only, eighteen category competition with the Screenplay Competition remaining as our highlighted competition.
Gain more acceptances into contests by promoting your project as a winner in our competition. Our festival was one of Moviemaker magazine's top 5 film festivals and we will now bring that experience and professionalism to our competition.
OUR ENTRY FEES ARE NOW SOME OF THE LOWEST IN THE INDUSTRY.
Many of the award-winning films and screenplays in WILLiFEST have gone on to have theatrical releases, broadcasts on PBS and other media outlets, and to be nominated and awarded at the American Academy Awards.
The winning projects are announced on Saturday, September 14, 2019 on our website.
Winners receive beautiful certificates. The Screenplay Competition awards First Place, Second Place, Third Place, and Honorable Mention positions and laurels for each win for promotional purposes. We select at least five honorable mentions as well as finalists, if the competition committee finds additional deserving projects.
Winning projects will be featured permanently on our newly designed website and promoted through our social media platforms.
Top Category Winners are included in a press release sent to over 3000 media outlets worldwide.
1. I hereby request that you read, evaluate and judge my Material, of which I am sole author and have exclusive rights and authority to submit the same upon the terms and conditions stated here within. I further declare that said material is original in content and does not use events or persons that I do not have permission to use.
2. I understand that the Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition ("the Competition") will not use the Material or any part thereof, except on its website for promotion of winners unless you: (1) enter into an agreement with me granting rights to the Material, or (2) determine in good faith that I do not own or control the Material because features or elements were independently developed by someone other than me.
3. I indemnify the Competition, its affiliates, partners, sponsors and judges of and from any and all claims, loss or liability that may be asserted against you or incurred by you or any associates, at any time in connection with said Material.
4. By submitting my Material to the Competition I agree to allow the Competition to use the Material's title, synopsis, logline, writer(s) name(s) and other information related to it to promote the Material and the Competition.
5. Upon festival conclusion, at our sole discretion, screenplays will be either archived or deleted.
6. Submitted scripts must be a minimum of 10 pages and a maximum of 200. It must be written in English, in industry standard format, pages numbered. For detailed submission guidelines, please refer to our FAQs or our website.
1. WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
The winners will be officially announced on our website on Saturday, September 14, 2019. No one will be notified before that date.
On Monday, September 16th, entrants will have their judging status updated on their submission portals. Individual emails or letters will not be sent out so please check your submission portal or our website for competition outcomes.
2. HOW MANY PROJECTS MAY I SUBMIT?
You may submit as many projects as you’d like, but each project requires a separate entry fee. Each additional submission receives a $5.00 discount plus ISAConnect members receive an additional $5.00 discount.
3. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN THE PROJECTS?
Basically, we are looking for stories with interesting characters and unique points of view. Additionally, we examine the writing style and use of language.
TIP: Make sure that no matter what kind of script you submit (screenplay, stage play, teleplay), the format is industry standard and you check your spelling and punctuation.
This is a great festival and the folks running it are grand! Unfortunately, I was out of town for work and could not attend my screening. However, the events leading up to the screening were perfect for networking. Keep up the good work!
What can I say? We were selected as the Best Music Video so nothing could be better! Seriously now, communication was excellent and everyone was very kind.
The Competition is worth entering. It is a great value and they have great communication.
We are indeed honored to have history at WILLiFEST!
On behalf of The Atomik Age Project, we thank you so much for this memorable accolade. We are humbled. Wishing Michael, Stella, Barton, Howard, Uri and the entire WILLiFEST team all the best in their future endeavors. A wonderful and well managed event for creative artists worldwide. Please give it a try.
The staff was very communicative and engaging. Definitely recommended.
Harold L. Brown
Professional, timely communications. I love WILLiFEST.
Had a great time screening my film at WILLiFEST this year. Got the chance to see some other great work and connect with a lot of artists. Highly recommend!
Everyone I talked to who was associated with the Williamsburg International Film Festival was incredibly nice, and also well organized. Great festival.
What a great experience! The staff was responsive and accommodating to all of our needs. Would definitely recommend this to other filmmakers and will be submitting new projects in the future.
An important event with creative, intelligent and talented participants and staff. What a great, fun film fest!
Wonderful local event with a global outreach. Having screened here three times and coming away with two awards, it's been wonderful to see this festival continue it's steady growth and journey. The communication is always on par and filmmakers are always at home. Keep up the good work!
Williamsburg International Film Festival is the BEST! The staff is brilliant and attentive. Stella and Michael are are my heroes and created a warm and stimulating environment. I can't wait to make another film to submit to the festival!!! Thank you for everything.
Click "APPLY OFFER" at the bottom of
the entry form to redeem.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)