Jeremy writes about big ideas, and about how those big ideas impact individuals when they come crashing down to earth. That usually means creature features or sci-fi pieces that allow Jeremy to indulge his sense of drama or childlike wonder, while still keeping the stories grounded in something familiar. As The Black List said, “Like all good speculative fiction, [Jeremy’s writing] uses its heightened framework to present relatable, human themes. There is a smart, often biting sense of humor.”
Prior to his career in film, Jeremy studied Chinese and worked as a journalist in Asia, before eventually returning to the US to earn an MFA in film production at The University of Texas at Austin. He is an award-winning writer, director, & editor, a New York Times published writer, a former professor who taught both film criticism and production, and a work-at-home father to his two daughters in Colorado.
Jeremy is attached as co-writer and director of his first feature, Beasts Undiscovered, scheduled to shoot in 2021, with the Jim Henson Company already building special effects.
Selected Awards & Recognition:
- ISA Top 25 Screenwriters to Watch in 2021
- Audience Award, Austin Film Festival
- Nicholl Fellowship Quarterfinalist
- Final Draft Big Break quarterfinalist
- Seattle Film Festival Screenplay Competition semifinalist
- Stowe Story Labs alumnus
- Best Editor, Cyprus International Film Festival
- Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition Second Round
- Best Comedy Short, Kansas City LGBT Film Festival
- ISA Development Slate
(If you have posted a Writing Gig, please click the red GIG REQUESTS button to view your submissions. If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)