The fifth volume in the acclaimed Now Write! series of writing guides offers a full toolkit for beginning and experienced speculative genre writers seeking to generate unusual ideas, craft an engaging alternate reality, flesh out enthralling villains, aliens and monsters, or develop a blood-curdling twist ending. Now Write! Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror features lively and practical insight and exercises, straight from the top speculative genre writers working today, including:
- Harlan Ellison® on crafting the perfect story title
- Jack Ketchum on how economy of language helps create a truly frightening tale
- Piers Anthony on making fantastical characters feel genuine and relatable
- Ramsey Campbell on pushing your writing style in new directions
- Aimee Bender on combining unexpected imagery to stir up your imagination
This collection of storytelling secrets from top genre writers—among them winners of Nebula, Hugo, Edgar, and Bram Stoker awards—is essential for any writer looking to take a leap beyond the ordinary.