NYC-based film production company seeking to buy the rights to a feature film screenplay that could be made independently for a $100K-$500K budget. Screenplays should fall under the following criteria:
- No more than 2 locations (one location preferable)
- Any genre is fine, but it must have some element of comedy in it (nothing too dark / depressing)
- Must have a strong female lead with a powerful journey (anywhere from Kill Bill to Never Rarely Sometimes Always)
- Immersive stories with strong characters, strong needs, and formidable opponents.
- No WGA offers at the moment, non-union only.
Production company has an established relationship with movie theaters such as AMC and Regal and had already released one film to theaters in 2018. The film will be slated next in the production pipeline and will most likely be shot in early 2022. Writer will be paid a $5,000 advance upon signing, with an additional $5K paid upon the film's release to theaters.
Please submit a thoroughly developed Logline, Story Synopsis, Cover Letter (introducing yourself and anything relevant to this gig) and reader's copy of the Script.