The APM Short Screenplay Competition creates opportunities for screenwriters around the globe to get their short screenplays PRODUCED, made into a movie, and SEEN by audiences and industry professionals all over the world! Our goal is to discover and promote the original works and talents of emerging screenwriters by making their scripts into films that get audiences talking.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER - SHORT FILM CATEGORY - £250 (~$376) CASH prize
The Grand Prize Winner will be featured in a press release announcing them as the 2015 APM Grand Prize Winner (Short Film) and receive an APM Grand Prize Winner Award. PLUS, their winning script will be entered in production development for an estimated budget of $3,000 - $50,000.
Once produced, the winning script/ short film is GUARANTEED submission into 10 of the top Film Festivals around the world, including, but not limited to, Sundance, Cannes, Toronto (TIFF), Berlin (BIFF), South by Southwest (SXSW), Venice, Rotterdam (IFFR), Tribeca, NY Film Festival, LA Film Festival, Slamdance and Raindance.
This gives the writer great exposure and networking opportunities across multiple markets. (*Valued at over $1,100.)
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western
- Accepted ScriptsFeb 17, 2015
- Semi-finalistDec 17, 2015
- FinalistsDec 30, 2015
- Grand Prize WinnerJan 04, 2016
RULES & REGULATIONS
- This contest is open to any screenwriter worldwide who meets the enclosed criteria. Competition is open to anyone 18 years or older.
- Writers who reside in countries other than the United Kingdom are welcome to enter the contest. Entry into the competition is void where prohibited by law.
- All scripts must be submitted in English. If initial script is written in French, Italian, Spanish or Romanian, screenwriters are encouraged to send a paper copy in the above language, together with the English version entry copy.
- Entry fees must be paid in British Pounds (GBP).
- All electronic scripts submissions must be under 10MB in file size.
- We will accept collaborative work, but by no more than two authors. However, each writer must complete the entry application, agree to The APM Short Screenplay Competition terms and conditions, and sign the release form individually. If selected as a winner, the prize money will be split equally between them.
- Screenplays must be the original work of the applicant(s) and may NOT be based, in whole or in part, on any other fiction or non-fiction material, published or unpublished, produced or un-produced that is not already in public domain. If it is in public domain, it is eligible for the contest.
- Scripts must be typed in English and be headed by the Title page, which includes title of work and *WGA registration number (if applicable); font must be 12-point Courier, Courier New or Courier Final Draft (no exceptions please). Please ensure you keep a copy. Pages must be numbered, not including the title page.
- Short screenplays should be no more than 30 pages (8-15 pages recommended) and in standard specifications screenplay format. If the script is shorter or longer, it will not be disqualified. This is simply a guideline to consider as it relates to general industry preference. *We strongly encourage writers to register their work with the Writers Guild of America (WGA). As the world leader in online screenplay registration, the WGAW represents writers in the motion picture, broadcast, cable and new media industries. Registration is available to anyone worldwide. You can learn more about the WGAW registration here: http://www.wgawregistry.org/webrss/
- The title page should include only the title of the script (and registration number, if applicable). No other information should appear on the title page. If the script is based on a true story, that should be noted on the title page.
- Electronic script submissions must consist of a standard script format (*industry standard format) and be submitted as a PDF or FDR file. Open Office, Movie Magic and Word documents should be converted to PDF before submitting. Plain word documents are NOT accepted. * Please note, PDF files are the required format, file to send, and each of the above writing software programs allows you to convert your script easily to a PDF file. Once your script file is opened, simply click on the 'File/Save as PDF' option. ** If you are not familiar with industry standard screenwriting formatting, we suggest the following article from Final Draft (The Industry's #1 Screenwriting Software): http://www.finaldraft.com/learn/articles/how-to-format-a-screenplay
- ALL electronic script submissions need to be duplicated by paper copy submission sent by post, as otherwise the entry will be disqualified. Electronic script submissions will only be accepted in cases of express emergency to register before a deadline and a paper copy of the script should be received by our office in due course by post.
- Once a script has been submitted, no revised drafts or corrected pages will be accepted to the original. If you have made changes to your script after it has already been submitted, the writer must resubmit the entire script, filling out a new APM Short Screenplay Competition Application, as if submitting a new entry, and the entry fee will apply again.
- Submissions must be transmitted electronically on or before the Early, Official, Late or Final entry deadline, and the entry fee paid in order to qualify for the respective submission rate. Online entries may be submitted up until midnight London time on the final deadline date. Any entries submitted or payments received after the final deadline will be disqualified. Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. reserves the right to extend the entry deadline and increase the Cash Prize for the Grand Award Winner.
- Writers are free to enter their submitted material to other contests and entities; however, they must not have already received a screenwriting prize that includes a 'first look' clause, an option, or any other quid pro quo involving the writer's submitted entry to Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. If a submitted screenplay becomes optioned or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the Avanti Productions & Management judging period, the applicant must notify us and that screenplay will no longer be eligible for an award.
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate signed entry and release form and a separate entry fee. Each script entered is allotted one genre category in the price of the submission.
- Entry fees are payable by Credit/Debit Card through Paypal (online) or by cheque sent by post. Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. accepts payments by cheque from UK based screenwriters with a UK based bank account ONLY. All Cheques should be payable to the company Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. and sent by post to our office at: AVANTI PRODUCTIONS & MANAGEMENT LTD, C/0 APM Short Screenplay Competition Units 2-8, 31 St. Aubyns, Brighton, BN3 2TH, England, UK
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund.
- Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. is not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit.
- All entrants understand and agree that there are a diverse amount of story contexts and ideas, and in no way is Avanti Productions & Management Ltd responsible not now or in the future of borrowing or stealing from an idea, copy written concept, or storyline from a script entry.
- All winners will be responsible for their own U.K. income tax withholding. Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. is not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any government agency, at any level, be it state, county or local.
- Competition applicants must accept without reservation the decisions rendered by the judges. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Competition judges, readers, employees of Avanti Productions & Management Ltd., along with their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- We will be announcing the semi-finalists, finalists and the Grand Prize Winner/s by publication on our company website.
- All writers must keep their personal contact information on file with us updated and current. It is the entrant's responsibility to make sure we have your current contact information. Avanti Productions & Management Ltd. has no responsibility for correspondence that is misdirected, as a result of writer(s) failure to provide us with current contact information. Writers should add the APM email address (email@example.com ) to their safe address list to ensure email correspondence is not refused or sent to spam or bulk mail.
- It is the winners' responsibility to redeem corresponding prizes from us or any third party sponsors or partners by responding to our winners notification email in a timely fashion with your current mailing address or any additional requested contact information. Prizes that go unredeemed after 90 days from the conclusion of the contest will not be delivered.
- By submitting your work to the contest, you agree that you have read and understand all of the contest rules and regulations, as well as the terms and conditions and agree to hold Avanti Productions & Management Ltd, our employees, our judges and partners harmless from all claims and/or liabilities.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your screenplay to the 2015 APM Short Screenplay Competition. We will begin accepting submissions on February 17th, 2015.
None added. Contact contest admin for details.