, which also governs your use of the Websites and Services.
All content provided by us on or in connection with the Websites or Services, such as information, names, text, graphics, images, audio, video, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dresses, brands, designs, icons, downloads, data, software, patents, and other intellectual property or proprietary materials (collectively, “ISA Content”), and all right, title, and interest in and to the ISA Content, is the property of ISA and protected by United States and international intellectual property, proprietary, and other laws. Except as set forth herein, nothing herein should be construed as granting you any license or right to use any ISA Content without our prior written permission, including, without limitation, reproducing, modifying, publishing, transmitting, distributing, performing, displaying, selling, or adapting ISA Content; using ISA Content in connection with any other product or service; or using ISA Content in any disparaging or discrediting manner. Without limiting the foregoing, as a user of the Websites or Services, you are granted a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Websites or Services for non-commercial, non-profit, non-public, and personal use only in accordance with these Terms, and you may only print, download, or copy any portion of the Websites or Services to which you have properly gained access solely for such permitted uses, provided that you must keep intact all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other intellectual and proprietary rights notices intact. All other content on the Websites or Services that is not owned by ISA is the property of its respective owners. We do not claim ownership in any content or materials owned by you (collectively, “Your Content”) that you submit to us or authorize us to use in connection with the Websites or Services, but you hereby grant us the necessary rights to use Your Content as required by us to provide you with the Websites and Services herein, such as our (and our affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns) worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, and non-exclusive license to use, copy, reproduce, display, submit, promote, and distribute Your Content, such as your name, likeness, and biography, in connection with the Websites, Services, and the promotion and advertising thereof. You understand that no compensation in any form shall be due or payable to you in connection with the exercise of the rights to Your Content as set forth herein. You also expressly acknowledge and agree that all of the rights that you grant regarding Your Content shall continue in full force until you request removal of Your Content from the Websites or Services as set forth in these Terms. All right, title, and interest not expressly granted by ISA are expressly reserved by ISA.
You agree to protect ISA’s rights hereunder and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by ISA to protect our rights. You agree to notify us in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of the Website or Services by any party or of any claim that the Website or Services infringes upon any rights.
ISA is under no obligation to display, reproduce, or distribute Your Content and may remove Your Content from the Websites or Services at anytime without notice. ISA reserves the right to modify, add, cancel, or delete services, products, or features of the Websites of Services at any time without notice, and these Terms shall continue to apply thereto unless otherwise expressly stipulated. Your continued use of the Websites or Services shall constitute your acceptance thereof.
Third Party Sites
We provide links to third party sites for your convenience only. Such sites are beyond our control, and no representation, warranty, or guarantee is made by us with respect thereto, such as to their content, information, availability, completeness, correctness, accuracy, usefulness, timeliness, or reliability. Use or reliance on links to such third party sites and the content therein is at your own risk. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any information or material contained in such third party sites or as a result of your use of or reliance upon any information or material contained therein.
Users of the Websites who sign up for an account (“ISAConnect Members”) can create profiles, upload authorized content, post bios, enter into contests, connect with industry professionals, enroll into programs, request services, purchase products, submit to writing gigs, share success stories, read news, and utilize other member-only services. Once you have set up a password, you will be given access to your profile and other private areas of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and login information. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account, login information, and password. Passwords are subject to cancellation or suspension by us at any time.
Users who are not ISA Members may access the public areas of the Websites only. All users must be at least 18 years of age or have parental or guardian consent.
The retrieval of the Websites, Services, or ISA Content, via any methods such as data mining, robots, scraping, spider, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a copy, collection, compilation, database, or directory without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Website, Services, or ISA Content. You may not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture or extract information about usage or users.
Your use of the Websites, Services, ISA Content, or Your Content for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms is strictly prohibited.
- We reserve the right to edit Your Content, including bio and success story, to meet ISA standards.
- Outside links/URLs are not to be posted within your profile or success stories and will be removed.
- You represent that all of Your Content is true and correct and agree that misrepresenting yourself in any way is prohibited. You will not tag Your Content, your profile, success stories, or other content inaccurately. Falsifying information will result in an immediate termination of your account and access to the Websites and Services.
- If you add a company name to your profile, it must be a true company and not a personal website or a website promoting a film or show. We reserve the right to delete such company name in your profile at our sole discretion.
- Your website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media accounts listed in your profile must be your own.
- All material you upload under “My Screenplays” in the Websites must be an actual screenplay in .pdf or other formats acceptable by us.
- Industry professionals may request access to Your Content. It is your decision and right to grant or deny access. Once you grant access, you accept any and all risk. We are not responsible for Your Content.
- Any intellectual property you post on the Website, such as screenplays, are still owned fully by you subject to these Terms.
- You take full responsibility and release the ISA from any and all claims pertaining to the theft of Your Content posted to your profile or transmitted to a third party via the Website.
If you violate any part of these Terms, your permission to use the Websites and Services automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any material obtained through the Websites or Services. ISA has the right (though not the obligation) in ISA’s sole discretion, to (i) refuse or remove Your Content in whole or in part that, or disable or terminate the accounts of any user who, in ISA’s opinion, violates any policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access and use of the Websites or Services to any individual or entity for any or no reason, in ISA’s sole discretion. You agree that you shall not:
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users, by electronic or other means, for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications
- Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Websites or Services
- Use the Websites or Services in any unlawful manner
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Websites or Services
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any ISA Content without ISA’s express written consent
- Use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the ISA Content without ISA’s express written consent
- Misuse or wrongly distribute your account information
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available any content that the ISA deems to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available any content that violates any law or regulation or infringes, violates, or misappropriates any person’s or any entity’s rights, including, without limitation, any person’s or any entity’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, any privacy rights, or any contractual rights
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available any personal information regarding any person under the age of eighteen (18) years
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, your credentials, or your affiliation with any person or entity
- Contacting “Industry Professionals” outside of the Websites without their express written permission
- Attempt to sign up for or otherwise create a membership for any person except for yourself
- Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation or engage in any activity that violates the CAN-SPAM Act or any other law regulating the transmission of email
- Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, worms, malwares, trojans, or other harmful or destructive content, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any material that contains unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third-party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing)
- Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any pornographic or obscene content
- Engage in actions that threaten or incite violence or intimidate or harass others
- Defame or disparage the ISA, including writers, producers, agents, managers, directors, and all others
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of the ISA, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Websites or Services, or which may expose the ISA or its users to any harm or liability of any type
- Use, transfer, distribute, or dispose of any information contained in the Websites or Services in any manner that could compete with the business of ISA
- Conduct activities that violate international law or common decency (at ISA’s sole discretion)
- Use the Websites or Services to publish information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Engage in actions inconsistent with the core values articulated on Websites or Services
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with any security-related system, function, or feature of the Websites or Services, or any system, function, or feature designed to prevent or restrict the use or copying of content or otherwise effect one or more limitations on the use of the Websites, Services, or any content associated therewith
ISA reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms, and to take any action we deem appropriate, including, but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information. Any unauthorized use of the Websites and Services is strictly prohibited and may be subject to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable federal and state laws.
- Registering for an ISAConnect membership authorizes ISA to bill your account monthly or yearly, dependent on the subscription selected. Modifications to your plan or billing information can be made on the Account Details page
- ISA Basic or ISAConnect: All sales for products, services, contests, events, ISAConnect Monthly and Yearly registrations and/or other are final and non-refundable. Monthly subscriptions to ISAConnect can be canceled at any time by going to your Account Details and clicking Cancel Plan. If you have trouble doing so, please email us at: Accounting@NetworkISA.org. Your account will remain ISAConnect through the end of the paid-up period.
- Third Parties: Please note that we do not bear any responsibility and therefore we do not satisfy any refund/return/exchange requests for any third-party products, services, contests, or events. All sales are final and non-refundable.
- Registration Errors: In the event of an error during registration, please email us at Accounting@NetworkISA.org within twenty-four (24) hours to request a refund explaining the error. No refund requests will be accepted or fulfilled after the first twenty-four (24) hours from registration and there are no exceptions. If your registration, purchase, application, or other is for a third-party resource listed on the Websites, please contact that resource for further assistance.
- Chargebacks: If you contact your credit card company before requesting a refund from us, you will be invoiced any chargeback or bank fees associated with that refund.
Modification to ISAConnect Membership
ISA reserves the right to change the price of the ISAConnect membership at any time. If you are a member when the price increases, you will remain at the lower cost. However, if you cancel or your credit card expires or declines, your membership fee will increase to the current price at the time of renewal.
ISA Activities and COVID-19
I am aware of the highly contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases, including COVID-19 (collectively, the "Disease") and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease by participating in any business or social event or activity organized or provided by ISA (each, an “Activity”), which may result in illness, personal injury, psychological injury, pain, suffering, temporary or permanent disability, death, property damage, and/or financial loss. I acknowledge that these risks may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of ISA employees or others, including negligent emergency response or rescue operations of ISA. I understand that ISA cannot guarantee that I will not be injured or become infected with the Disease or other infectious diseases during my participation in an Activity and that engaging in an Activity may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THESE RISKS, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN AN ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGERS INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF ILLNESS, PERSONAL INJURY, PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, DISABILITY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND/OR FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING THEREFROM, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF ISA OR OTHERWISE.
If I choose to participate in an Activity, I confirm that I: (a) am in good health and proper physical condition and do not have any medical or other conditions that would impair my ability to participate in the Activity; and (b) am not experiencing symptoms of the Disease (such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever), do not have a confirmed or suspected case of the Disease, and have not come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed to have or suspected of having the Disease. I will comply with all federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Activity and the Disease while participating in the Activity, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings and safety equipment. I will also follow all instructions, recommendations, and cautions of the Company at all times during the Activity. If at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, that I am no longer in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity, or I begin experiencing symptoms of the Disease, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties / Indemnification / Release
ISA provides the websites and services “as is” and does not make any warranties, representations, statements, endorsements, or guarantees (whether express, implied in law, or residual) regarding the Websites or Services. Your use of the Websites or Services is at your sole risk. ISA expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. ISA does not warrant that the Websites or Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects in the service will be corrected.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that the ISA Parties (as defined below) shall not be responsible for and hereby disclaim, and you hereby release the ISA Parties from, any and all claim, loss, liability, damage (whether special, incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, or consequential, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like, otherwise to the greatest extent permitted by law), personal injury, illness, pain, suffering, disability, death or expense of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, that may be suffered by you or any third party (including any entity you own or control) as a result of, or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly to, your access and use of the Websites or Services and/or participating in any Activity; any information contained therein; your or any third-party information, material, or information in connection with the Websites or Services; any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omission of any information or the transmission thereof; any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby; any reason of non-performance, interruption, or termination thereof; the ISA Parties’ use, exploitation, modification, alternation, or distortion of Your Content uploaded to the Websites, Services, or otherwise provided to the ISA Parties, if any, including, without limitation, any use of authorized derivative works made thereof, or your name, username, or likeness in connection thereto; any interruption or corruption of transmission of any of Your Content at the time it is uploaded by you to the Websites or Services or otherwise provided to the ISA Parties; or any information, messages, communication, and other materials you receive from the ISA Parties or other users of the Websites or Service. In connection herewith, you promise never to bring any action or claim, or initiate any dispute of any kind, against any of the ISA Parties regarding the foregoing.
You acknowledge that you are familiar with the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.” You hereby expressly waive and relinquish all rights and benefits under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code and any law or legal principle of similar effect in any jurisdiction with respect to the releases or discharges granted herein, including but not limited to the releases or discharges of unknown claims.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ISA, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, designees, successors, licensees, and assigns, and each of the foregoing’s officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, employees, contractors, accountants, attorneys, agents, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, designees, successors, licensees, and assigns (collectively, the “ISA Parties”), from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to any breach, alleged breach, or violation of these Terms (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person or entity using the Websites or Services on your behalf and/or your participation in an Activity.
Disclaimer Regarding Content
ISA cannot and does not represent or guarantee that any of the information available through the Websites or Services is accurate, reliable, current, complete, or appropriate for your needs. Some content available through the Websites or Services may be provided by independent third parties whom ISA does not control. Other content available through Websites or Services is obtained by ISA from individuals, businesses, organizations, and other content providers, who are believed to be sources of reliable information. Nevertheless, due to various factors, including, but not limited to, the inherent possibility of human and mechanical error, the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or results obtained from use, and correct sequencing of information available through the Websites or Services, are not and cannot be guaranteed by ISA. ISA reserves the right to withdraw or delete any information from this site at any time at its discretion.
You understand further that the pure nature of the internet contains unedited materials some of which may be offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Your access to such materials is at your risk. ISA has no control over and accepts no responsibility for such materials. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, trojans, and other harmful or destructive content.
In addition, ISA cannot and does not guarantee the validity or legitimacy of any third-party resource posted on the Websites or Services or any user listed therein. By hiring, registering, or participating in any way with any third-party resource listed, you agree not to hold ISA liable for misrepresentation of services or failure to deliver by such third-party resource. Producers, directors, actors, agents, managers, screenwriters, and other professionals may post their resumes and credentials on the Websites or Services. However, ISA does not verify all of the details thereof and you agree not to hold ISA liable for misrepresentation of those credentials.
Conflict of Terms
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these Terms and any other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, the other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the Websites or Services shall prevail in respect of your use thereof.
Any provision of these Terms, or other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to being void, invalid, illegal, unlawful, or for any other reason, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest, otherwise shall be treated as void, and the remaining provisions of these Terms, or other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, shall remain in full force and effect.
Communications in Writing
All communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Use of the Websites or Services, these Terms, and all other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S., regardless of the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that the California courts located in Los Angeles County, California, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all controversies arising under this agreement and agree that venue is proper in those courts. You irrevocably agree any claim will be brought and maintained within one (1) year after the claim arises otherwise it shall become null and void. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ISA reserves the right to commence an action in your jurisdiction. Any waiver of any provision of the foregoing must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of ISA. Should ISA fail or elect not to exercise or enforce any provision of these Terms, such failure or election shall not constitute a waiver of such provision.
We reserve the right to terminate or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to all or any part of the Websites or Services, at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Modification Of This Agreement
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, replace, revise, add to, delete from, and otherwise change these Terms, and all other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, at any time, and you hereby agree to be bound by such changes. You acknowledge and agree that is your responsibility to frequently check the foregoing to determine if there have been changes made, and to review the foregoing before your continued use of the Websites or Services, or commencement or continued use of one or more third-party services provided by ISA. Your continued use of or access to the Websites or Services following the posting of any changes these Terms, or other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, constitutes acceptance of those changes. Should you not agree to such changes, you must stop using the Websites or Services. ISA may also, in the future, offer new services or features through the Websites or Services (including, without limitation, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features or services shall be subject to these Terms. ISA may assign its rights and duties under these Terms, and all other relevant terms, conditions, policies, or notices of the Websites or Services, to any person or entity at any time without notice to you.
Removal Of Your Content From The Website
If you would like any of Your Content to be removed from the Websites or Services, you may put such request in writing to Support@NetworkISA.org
. You acknowledge and agree that ISA shall have no liability for failure to remove Your Content or any other user’s content from the Websites or Services for any reason. While ISA shall use commercially reasonable efforts to remove public access to Your Content in response to a proper request from you to do so, any and all references to Your Content by title or otherwise, and all other information associated with Your Content that is posted on the Websites or Services, shall not be subject to required removal by ISA from the Websites or Services for any reason.
If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Websites or Services violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify ISA in accordance with common DMCA policies. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. ISA will respond to all such notices, including, as required or appropriate, by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights ISA or others, ISA may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Websites or Services. In the case of such termination, ISA will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to ISA. If you feel that your work has been duplicated in such a way that would constitute copyright infringement, or if you believe your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should provide to us the following information:
- The electronic or the physical signature of the individual that is authorized on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you believe has been infringed upon
- A description of the location of the site which you allege has been infringing upon your work
- Your physical address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement, in which you state that the alleged and disputed use of your work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents or the law
- And finally, a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the aforementioned information in your notice is truthful and accurate, and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner, representative or agent authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf
ISA’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be contacted as follows: International Screenwriters' Association LLC, 8581 Santa Monica Blvd, #438, Los Angeles, CA 90069, Attn: Copyright Agent, Email: Support@NetworkISA.org
No Endorsement Of Communications
It is your responsibility to use common sense and take appropriate measures and precautions in the event that you choose to communicate with or meet with any person or entity with whom you have communicated through the Websites or Services. You acknowledge and agree that ISA shall not be held responsible in any way for the outcome of any contact or meeting, whether in person, by email, by videoconferencing, by telephone, or by any other means, resulting from advertisements placed or responded to, or messages or communications sent or received by, other members, website users, any service providers, or any other ISA affiliates, or through any use, directly, or indirectly, of the Websites or Services.
Responsibility For Your ISA Communications
You acknowledge and agree that you shall at all times be solely responsible for all of Your Content, such as messages, materials, information, and content you post, upload, or otherwise provide to the Websites or Services. You further acknowledge and agree that you, and not ISA, shall be solely responsible and liable for all damages, liability, or other consequences, foreseen and unforeseen, regarding all messages, materials, information, and content that you submit, upload, provide, publish, display, disseminate, or otherwise communicate through the Websites or Services even if one or more claims for damages or liability arise after termination of your membership or these Terms.
If you submit to or post “Writing Gigs” through the Websites or Services, you hereby understand and acknowledge that there are no guarantees of any kind that your submission or post will be read or selected for any kind of work. ISA and all other parties in connection with the “Writing Gigs”, such as industry professionals reviewing submissions or posting “Writing Gigs”, have no obligation to hire you or anyone else, and users of the Websites or Services have no obligation to submit to any post. Given the nature of the entertainment industry, your submission may seem similar to others since many works and submissions are based on the same or similar ideas. Occasionally, at ISA’s sole discretion, ISA may post “Writing Gigs” at the request of certain industry professionals who have entrusted the ISA to vet and find content to send to them and who wish to remain anonymous. Such industry professionals may be indicated as “ISA-verified”. You hereby acknowledge that such professional are selected at ISA’s sole discretion and that ISA makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee as to the identity or legitimacy of such professionals.
Please note that without limiting the generality of any provision of these Terms, the following terms shall apply to “Writing Gigs”:
- You acknowledge that you are making your submission or posts voluntarily and that the ISA Parties and any other party have no obligation to you of any kind.
- You acknowledge that ISA has no obligation to screen any submission or post, ISA may arrange the submissions or posts at ISA’s sole discretion, and ISA may exclude or remove any submission or post for any or no reason
- You acknowledge that ISA cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any submission or post, including the identity of such user. ISA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any submission or post
- You represent and warrant that you are the sole and exclusive creator, author, and owner of your submission or post, and that to your knowledge no one else has any right thereto
- You acknowledge that other persons, including the ISA Parties, may have also submitted or made public, or may hereafter submit or make public, similar or identical material, and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation in the event such other similar or identical material is used.
- You agree that your submissions and posts and the contents thereof are part of Your Content and subject to the applicable provisions of the Terms herein.
- You agree not to contact the person who created a post unless such person contacts you directly
- You authorize ISA to redistribute your submissions or posts and the contents thereof to third parties.
- You agree that there is no obligation for ISA or any other party to review or select the submission or post
- You agree that there is no obligation to keep any submissions or posts confidential and that ISA or any other party is not obligated to return your submissions or posts or the contents thereof to you.
- You agree that should you bring any action against ISA or any other party, your sole remedy shall be limited to monetary damages, if any, and that you shall not be entitled to injunctive or equitable relief
- You acknowledge that the ISA and any other party are not responsible for any outcome or result of your submissions or posts, that you hereby release the ISA and any other party from all claims as set forth elsewhere in these Terms with respect to your submissions or posts, and that you shall comply with all other provisions of these Terms
- You acknowledge that once you submit to a post (whether in the form of a job application, resume, email, or otherwise), ISA does not have control over the use or disclosure of that information. If you want to request to delete, modify, or maintain confidence over any such information, you must make such a request directly to the post contact to which you submitted.
- You acknowledge that ISA is not responsible for the content of any submission, post, messages, screener questions, skills assessments, or related content and their format or method of delivery.
- You acknowledge that ISA does not choose the questions asked by potential employers or decide the job qualification criteria and that ISA cannot guarantee that potential employers will consider such submission or make a particular determination with regard to such submission.
- You acknowledge that ISA does not guarantee the identity of any potential employer or any individuals working for such employers and that ISA cannot make any guarantee regarding health and safety measures in such employer’s hiring or interviewing process. ISA recommends users to follow personal health and safety best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization or similar institution.
- You acknowledge that ISA does not guarantee the validity of a job offer and cautions users to verify the validity of a job offer before taking an adverse action regarding their current employment situations. Users are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any potential employer or job offer.
- You acknowledge that ISA is not responsible for offering alternative methods of screening, if so required by the Americans with Disabilities Act or any other equivalent state act, and that the responsibility for offering any such alternative method lies solely with the potential employer. If you require an accommodation, or any alternative method(s) of Assessment, screening or application, you must indicate it to the potential employer.
- You acknowledge that any rights you have under any applicable employment, equality or discrimination laws, the US Fair Credit Reporting Act, any corresponding state laws, or any similar laws regulating consumer or credit reporting agencies in other countries, may only be asserted against the user or potential employers.
- You acknowledge that that ISA is not acting as a job placement agency or staffing firm. You also understand that by referring to or using the Websites or Services, you are not guaranteed job interviews, job placement, or assurance of being hired or hiring others, and you take full responsibility therefor.
- While we endeavor to make this service the best it can be, employer websites are not controlled by us, and we cannot guarantee that your application will be properly received and logged by the third-party employer website upon transmission.
- You agree to comply with the applicable laws or regulations of the state and country where the job is to be performed, including laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use and intellectual property.
- You agree that no submission or posts shall contain false information or will solicit employees or employers by intentional misrepresentation, such as, misrepresentation of the terms of employment, the hiring entity, or the identity of the applicant or poster.
ISA Contest Submission Guidelines
If you submit to a contest through the Websites or Services, your submission is sent directly to the contest and can be tracked through your account under your “Contest Entries” or“Submission Log”.
If you have a question about the processing or payment of your submission, please contact us at Support@NetworkISA.org
If you have a question about the contest, please contact the contest directly. Contest contact information can be found on the “Contest” page under the “Contact” tab.
Once you have submitted your script, please check the “Submission Log”in your account to verify that everything was sent correctly. If you notice an issue, please contact us at Support@NetworkISA.org
If you make an error entering a contest and recognize it within twenty-four (24) hours, email us at Support@NetworkISA.org
, and we will send you instructions on replacing your screenplay.
You may submit as many screenplays to the same contest as you like, unless otherwise noted by the contest.
Entering early will neither increase nor decrease your chance of winning, though entering early usually saves you money.
We accept payment online only via Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Please check the guidelines of the contest you are entering for their eligibility requirements and what materials are requested with the submission.
While it is not required by most contests to register your screenplay, it is recommended to do so with the ISA Registry, the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writers Guild of America, or the appropriate agency in your country. Please note, however, that nothing in these Terms shall be construed as providing legal, financial, or other advice, and that you are solely responsible for obtaining such advice if necessary.
If you are selected by or win a contest that you submitted to via the Websites or Services, please let us know about it so we will do what we can to help promote your SUCCESS! While users have used their contest wins and the Websites or Services for introductions to forge successes in the industry, we do not provide or offer to provide, advertise, promise, or in anyway represent that winners, finalists, users, or anyone will get work or employment as screenwriters, get signed by managers or agents, or get meetings in the industry as a result thereof.