As one of the world\'s most visible and recognized screenplay competitions, our aim, quite simply, is to discover and recognize the brightest new talent and original voices in film and television storytelling from around the world. We identify emerging talent and place top new screenwriters firmly on the industry’s radar directly in the heart of the motion picture capital of the world.
Vegas™ Pro 12 Professional Video, Audio and Blu-Ray Disc Creation Software
Vegas™ Pro 12 is an integrated, forward-thinking production environment designed for a new generation of creative professionals. Combining a familiar track-based timeline with hundreds of thoughtful workflow innovations, Vegas Pro 12 is a refreshing, modern approach to post-production. Supporting more formats, more workflows, and more creative control than ever before, Vegas Pro 12 makes it easy to deliver your message and express your artistic vision.
Recipients: Grand Prize Winners of Action/Adventure, Thriller, Horror, Drama, Biographical/Historical
Sound Forge Pro 10 Professional Digital Audio Production Suite
Sound Forge™ Pro 10 software efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers complete control over all aspects of audio editing and mastering. Whether in the studio or field, it's the ultimate all-in-one production suite for professional audio recording and mastering, sound design, audio restoration, and Red Book CD creation. New features in Sound Forge Pro 10 include precise event-based editing, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, musical instrument file editing and processing, and pristine audio conversion and time stretching.
Recipients: Grand Prize Winners of Comedy, Science Fiction, Television Sitcom, Television Drama, Television Spec Script
ACID Pro 7 Professional Digital Audio Workstation
ACID Pro 7 is a DAW powerhouse that combines full multitrack recording and mixing, MIDI sequencing, and our legendary ACID looping functionality for a seamless music-creation and post-production environment. More creative partner than production tool, ACID Pro 7 software inspires like nothing else. With its Transparent Technology™ design, ACID Pro 7 software removes typical barriers to the creative workflow so you can effortlessly transform ideas into real results.
Recipients: Grand Prize Winners of all categories
Please read the following Rules and Regulations carefully:
1) All scripts must be submitted in English. Entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
2) Judges and employees who work for the Hollywood Screenplay Contest are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
3) Screenplays written by up to four people may be entered in the contest. Only one entry fee is required for such entries. All writers' names should be listed on the online entry. All writers must authorize submission of the entry. By submitting online to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest, all writers authorize the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash awards will be split equally between the writers. If a screenplay is written by multiple writers, prizes will be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entrants to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest retain all rights to their screenplays.
6) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online or by mail. No preference will be given to either method of submission.
8) Entries must be mailed and postmarked by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Hollywood Screenplay Contest will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition.
11) By entering the Hollywood Screenplay Contest, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) Screenplays submitted by mail should be clearly marked with the Submission Tracking Number.
14) Submissions must be the original work of the applicant. Entries may be adapted from the applicant’s own work.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)