The competition that started it all… the Launch Pad Feature Competition is back for its 5th year. Since the launch of our very first writing competition, the Launch Pad has helped more than 254 writers get signed, 81 projects get set up, seen 48 writers hired as staff-writers, and sparked 4 studio bidding wars.
From the start, the competition has leveraged our deep relationships with Hollywood’s top agents, managers, producers, and executives and consistently assembled a “who’s who” panel of 25 judges for each and every competition. This year is no exception, with judges participating from Paradigm, UTA, WME, APA, Energy Entertainment, Circle of Confusion, Di Novi Pictures, Bellevue, and many more.
At the Launch Pad, we go above and beyond to advocate for all of our finalists, from the Top 75 all the way to our winners. We work tirelessly to get your work into the hands of the biggest agencies, management companies, and production companies around to showcase you and your writing.
Grand Prize | 3 Winners Selected
- You will be flown to Los Angeles for an exclusive Launch Pad industry event in your honor, featuring dozens of our judges, agents, managers, executives, producers, mentors, and fellow writers and Launch Pad Alums.
- You and your project will be showcased individually to agents, managers, executives, and producers who are looking for new clients, new projects, and new writers. We specifically curate a meeting list for each winner based on their individual material, and what you, the writer, want to achieve now and in your career overall.
- You will be featured in an exclusive interview, which will be hosted on The Tracking Board, and shared with the town as part of our Launch Pad Alum awareness campaigns.
- Your project will be announced on our sites and via press release and industry newsletter via The Tracking Board, Launch Pad, and our partners to more than 50,000 readers and industry members worldwide.
- You and your project will be presented to the entertainment industry in both our “Best Writers of the Year” booklet and our annual “Launch Pad Alum” booklet.
- Your project will be featured in a special Launch Pad section of our annual Hit List, and Spec Book.
- You will receive an exclusive alumni profile on The Launch Pad website that highlights your project as well as your bio and upcoming works.
- Your work will be read, reviewed, and voted on by each of our 25 esteemed judges.
- You will receive a free 1-Year Membership (or extension) to The Tracking Board.
- You will receive 1 free entry into any future Launch Pad Competition of your choosing.
- You will receive 1 free Studio Coverage from our Launch Pad Coverage Program.
- Lastly, you will be invited to join our Launch Pad Community of over 600 writers who came before you, where you can meet those who came before you, ask questions, work together, and network with a group of smart and passionate people who started in the same shoes you’re about to step into.
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western
- Top 75Oct 03, 2017
- Top 50Oct 17, 2017
- Top 25Oct 26, 2017
- Top 10Nov 02, 2017
- Grand Prize WinnersNov 14, 2017
- All scripts must be submitted with a cover page containing ONLY the script title, without any of the writer(s) names or discernible marks, including but not limited to WGA Registration numbers.
- All scripts MUST BE submitted as a PDF.
- All feature scripts must be under 130 pages (any script with more than 130 pages will be disqualified).
- Do not submit any form of pitch document with your feature script.
- NO specs of pre-existing shows or films are allowed. All submissions must be your own original work, story and characters. Any submissions of existing shows or films that the writer does not own will be disqualified.
- Scripts with multiple writers are allowed (however, all entry fees must be paid under one account).
- All scripts must be the sole property of the writer(s).
- All scripts will be read at least twice to ensure the best judgment of your work. All scripts will also be read blind, with no names, or title pages allowed. We choose this option so that each script is judged by the work, and the words alone.
- Scripts with a prior option are allowed, but at the time of submission and for the duration of the contest, must remain the writer’s property.
- The only scripts not allowed to be entered are those which have already sold, have previously earned our “TB Recommends” honors, or received a top 25 placement in a previous Launch Pad competition.
- Each script may only be entered one time. Once a script has been submitted, there are absolutely no substitutions of pages, drafts, or scripts overall.
- TB and all judges/readers will utilize whatever criteria they deem appropriate in deciding a winner.
- All scripts will remain the property of the writer(s) throughout the contest (at no point will anyone from the judge’s panel, or TB ever attach themselves to your work without your consent).
- Entrants may be contacted as a result of the contest by TB, the judging panel or other industry professionals in regards to representation, production, sale and/or option of the entered work.
- Entrants are under no obligation to sell their work or otherwise attach themselves to representation in any form.
- General script entries will not receive feedback, however, you can opt to upgrade and receive feedback on your script submission.
- Each Grand Prize Winner will be reimbursed up to $500 USD for airfare to Los Angeles for our Exclusive Tracking Board Event. Date of event is TBD.
- The contest is open to entrants 18 or older. It is an international contest and open to entrants worldwide.
- Tracking Board reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify these terms at any time without notice.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive periodic emails from The Tracking Board and The Launch Pad. You may unsubscribe to these at any time.
- If selected as a Overall Winner, or as a winner of one of our add on prizes (Guaranteed Signing, Guaranteed Option, or Mentorship Program) you agree to allow the respective partner an initial opportunity to agree to mutual terms with you concerning your winning script.
- All purchases and submissions are final. No refunds will be issued.
None added. Contact contest admin for details.