We are ecstatic to announce the 4 winners of the ISA Virtual Pitch Challenge. These writers will pitch live to a panel of producers and executives at the Virtual Third Thursdays & Pitch Panel on July 16th (It's free to attend, and all are welcome!). We are happy to showcase and celebrate the winners and finalists in the ISA newsletter and on the ISA website.
Please join us in congratulating these talented writers:
Crystal Harris with In My Head
Garrett Vander Leun with Lady Rebekkah
Steve Blame with Major Hacker's War
Yolanda T. Ross with We Are Hear
ArianeHahusseau with The Egyptian Casanova
Brandon Krajewski with I Enjoy Being a Girl!
Christine Freschi with Group Therapy
Damian Wampler with Monitor
DanielShar with Go Ahead and Die
Joey Kent with Kennonwood
Katie Cronin with The Au Pair Dare
Ky-Gan Teng with Jho Low
Michael Klug with Trip
SophiaCostanzo with Good Cuban Girls Don't Go Out in the Rain with Wet Hair
Tonya Vann with Soulfunny
Adrienne Thorne with Studs
Corey Wright with The Therapist
Kyle Wilson with Our Fathers
Norm Fassbender with Quantum Betty
Motown Maurice with Eleven Thirty-Five
Shaquille William with VODUN
Wendy Jean Wilkins with Where The Men Are
Are you ready to pitch your script to a panel of industry professionals? Here's your opportunity! Submit your 90 second videos to be considered to pitch live during the ISA Virtual Pitch Panel on July 16th at 6pm PDT. It's free to submit and all are welcome to attend the Pitch Panel, even if you're not chosen to pitch.
Our mission, as always, is to shine a light on talented writers that are typically underrepresented in the industry. In order to find those unique and diverse voices, we need to read them. To that end, we highly encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ and all diverse voices to submit. We have our eye on the future of this industry and are genuinely looking to amplify your story.
How to Submit:
- Record and upload your pitch to Youtube or Vimeo. Your video must not be password protected, and your pitch must not exceed 90 seconds.
- Submit your pitch via this entry form using your Youtube/Vimeo link. Direct uploads cannot be accepted.
- Four writers will be selected to pitch at the ISA Virtual Pitch Panel on July 16th. Please be sure you will be available to attend this virtual event if selected.
- TV and Feature pitches accepted
- Each entrant is limited to 2 pitch submissions. Each pitch must be submitted separately and a script is required.
Most genres accepted:
Four writers will be selected to pitch to a panel of experts and receive top quality feedback and invaluable exposure in a friendly, constructive environment.
Even if you do not win, as a finalist, you will be promoted and your pitch will be SEEN! We will showcase the top finalists in the ISA newsletter and on our site in an effort to promote you and your work.
PITCH CHALLENGE SUCCESS STORIES
After the last Pitch Panel:
- 3 Pitch Challenge Winners secured a meeting with top Literary Manager, Matt Prater of Citizen Skull Productions.
- MGM Executive, Sandino Moya, requested material from 2 of the Pitch Challenge winners.
To get an idea of what panellists are looking for, check out our last Pitch Panel.
And click here to check out the previous winning pitches, plus the top finalists.
Check out these articles on writing an effective pitch:
How to Turn Your Logline Into a Pitch
Creating Your Pitch Part 1: Baiting the Hook
Creating Your Pitch Part 2: Sell, Don't Tell
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western, Young Adult, Dramedy, Holiday
- WinnersJul 15, 2020
- Final Deadline: July 6th - Notification Date: July 13th - Pitch Panel Event: July 16th
- All writers from all countries are welcome to submit, but all scripts and pitches must be submitted in English.
- Script must be the original work of the submitting writer and may not be encumbered by any third party.
- Original full-length feature screenplays and TV Pilots only are accepted. Anything else, including but not limited to short scripts or web series, novels, short stories, stage plays, musicals, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts, documentaries, and/or spec scripts for existing TV series are not eligible. Script submissions must be an original screenplay or teleplay.
- Screenplays adapted from the submitting writer's own self-published books, plays, or other source materials are eligible if the writer retains all rights to the work.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided the writer has written permission by the owner to adapt the material.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
- Each writer may submit no more than 2 entries.
- Applicants must submit materials online only.
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- The writer understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to register material to be submitted with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
- ISA Pitch Challenge Winners and Finalists understand and accept that the ISA will be free to use his/her name and likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- Writers retain the rights to their screenplay.
- Applicants are non-exclusive to ISA and may submit their screenplay to any other person, competition, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization.
- We do not accept erotic genre submissions.
- No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed.
- Length requirements are as follows: 1). Full-Length Features: 70-120 pages. 2). TV Pilots: Up to 70 pages.
- ISA is not responsible for any applicant errors or omissions on any submitted application materials.
- You accept without reservation that the submitted logline and screenplay will be reviewed by ISA staff and/or panel of Industry Judges for evaluation and that any one of these employees, or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to the submitted material, and the applicant hereby waives any claim that the ISA, its staff or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of the submission, logline or screenplay.
- By submitting to the ISA Pitch Challenge, your email address will be added to the contest database as well as the International Screenwriters' Association newsletter for weekly updates, contest promotions and other notifications. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- It is our full intention to fulfill all prizes as posted. However, due to an unlikely event, act of God or other, we reserve the right to update or edit prizes.
- To submit your materials and be considered you must agree to the rules.
None added. Contact contest admin for details.