The SoCal Film Festival has award winning movies and screenplays; industry speakers; professional workshops; Q&As with directors and actors; special guests; a distinguished panel of jury members and screeners; volunteer opportunities; and scores of film watching attendees. Open Genre. Open Form. Our goal is to exhibit well made projects regardless of genre, length or style.
Awards include theatrical screenings, distributor previews, media reviews and more. Awards and prizes vary from year to year depending on final event sponsorship.
I. Certification of Film or Screenplay Entrant
III. Screenplay Submissions
IV. General Waiver Rules and Guidelines
1. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This script is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this script to the competition;
5. I hold The SoCal Independent Film Festival (SCIFF) harmless from any damage to the print(s) or media en route or otherwise during the course of the festival;
6. I hold the SoCal Independent Film Festival (SCIFF), SoCal Entertainment & Media Company, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.10. I give permission for the SCIFF to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the production for promotional purposes.
12. Submitter must own all copyrights; (If requested)
13. I give my permission for the SCIFF to share my script and contact information with SCIFF festival partners unless I specify otherwise.
15. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into SCIFF festival or other SCIFF events.III. SCREENPLAYS (any length)
a. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter this competition.
b. entered script must not be or previously been optioned, sold, or produced by a studio on a large budget. We do accept scripts that have been produced if the writer was involved in making an independent production. Projects in question will be deemed eligible at the discretion of the SCIFF.
a. Any genre can be entered.
b. Screenplay must be original work of the author or authors.
c. Multiple authorship is allowed.
d. Multiple entries are allowed, but each entry must be accompanied by their own completed entry form and their own appropriate entry fee. You are allowed to mail them to us in one package.
e. No corrected pages or additional pages will be accepted after the screenplay has been entered. PLEASE be sure you double check your screenplay for errors, blank pages, etc., before mailing them to us.
3. Script Guidelines:
a. Submitted Scripts MUST be in English.
b. Do not send originals as scripts will not be returned.
c. Scripts only accepted through ISA web site, electronically.
d. Body pages must be correctly numbered.
e. Script title page should clearly provide the title of the screenplay and the Writer's name is optional.
f. Must be on white paper.
h. We do accept and prefer .PDF, Microsoft Word, Final Draft, and TEXT documents. Electronic submission in one of these formats is preferred.
i. Script Length: Any
j. Failure to comply with the guidelines, rules, regulations, or eligibility may be cause for disqualification.
For Complete and Current Rules, please visit http://socalfilmfest.com as it is the expectation that all entrants adhere to the most recent set of rules and terms as posted on our website.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)