The Universe Multicultural Film Festival seeks to bring the best of classic and contemporary filmmaking and screenwriting from around the world. We are committed to enlightening the public with a unique international film program, a forum for cultural understanding and enriching educational opportunities.
In general, all UMFF Winners receive one certification per award at the award ceremony.
SCREENPLAY ENTRY GUIDELINES:
1. Submissions must be the original work of the applicant. Entries may be adapted from the applicant's own work
2. All screenplay entries must include a completed entry form, the correct entry fee; the screenplay in in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Microsoft Word, or Text. (Your name should NOT appear anywhere on the screenplay as it is mandatory that adjudication is conducted without knowledge of the writer's name or identity); a character description and a 50-word synopsis that in PDF/Doc/text. Incomplete forms may cause delays.
3. Screenplays that are currently optioned or sold are not eligible for competition. Judges who work for the UMFF are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
4. Feature length screenplays must be no longer than 120 pages and short screenplays should be no more than 45 pages. All screenplay entries must be written in English. Any revisions after the entry has been entered are not accepted. Screenplays must be in 11 pt courier font, no promotional materials or illustrations are accepted, pages must be numbered.
5. It is the responsibility of the screenwriter to insure that their work is protected (US Copyright Office, The Writers Guild of America or Screenwriters Federation of America). International entries should protect their work with similar organizations within their respective country.
6. Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)