To provide industry exposure and support to television screenwriters who are looking to have their stories told.
· Cash Prize of $1,000
· Distribution to Producers, Agents, and Managers
· Free course on pitching from GOOD IN A ROOM
· LA-Screenwriter Personal Logline Mentor
· 1 WeScreenplay Premium Coverage on any script
· 2 WeScreenplay Full Coverages on any scripts
· 5 WeScreenplay Basic Coverages on any scripts
· Inktip 6-month Hosting & Magazine Listing
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
1. Screenplays entered must:
a. Be screenplays that are a minimum of 18 pages. (All scripts under 18 pages will be accepted, read, and considered through the finalist round – but cannot win one of the top prizes)
b. Not include the writer’s or writing team’s name or contact information on any page of the script including the title page.
c. Include a title page with no name(s) of the writer or writing team.
d. Be submitted in PDF form and must fit all standard screenplay format guidelines. Personal formatting conventions will be accepted but must not intentionally or accidentally alter the page count of the project as determined by the judges. A rule of thumb, if your script is formatted properly and under 60 pages, it will likely not be more than 11,500 words.
e. Be owned solely by the writer or writing team listed. It may be an adaptation or reimagining of true events or fictional stories. Spec scripts of existing shows are accepted but will compete against pilots.
f. Be written in English. However, scripts from anywhere in the world will be accepted.
g. Be under 65 pages – Judges are only expected to read up to 65 pages of a script.
2. Screenplays entered may be in any genre or combination of genres. All will be treated equally and read by an unbiased panel of judges. Prizes will be awarded separately for ½ Hour and 1 Hour.
3. Entrant’s total earnings for screenwriting for either film or tv, produced or unproduced, must not exceed $35,000 in the previous 18 months from submission. This excludes any prize money from competitions or fellowships and only applies to fund or money transferred in exchange for an option or sale of a script, treatment, idea, intellectual property, or other writing for filming. Money earned from acting, directing, producing, or any other film work outside of writing is not included.
4. Screenplays submitted must not have been previously sold or produced unless said sale or production was competed with no financial gain to the writer.
5. For a submission to be valid it must be accompanied with the appropriate payment based on the submission deadlines. Judges are not expected to read beyond 65 pages.
6. Purchasing Judge’s Feedback, Basic Coverage, or Full Coverage will in no way impact the scoring of the screenplay or its chances of winning or placing in the competition.
7. All deadlines are at 11:59pm PST on the date listed. Any deadline alteration or promotion of any kind does not make any entry valid of a refund of any kind.
8. RESUBMISSIONS will be accepted. Resubmissions will be at the full price of the current deadline, but will be re-scored by two new judges. You may resubmit up to ONE TIME per contest.
9. Judge’s Notes and Coverage will provide you with $15 off a resubmission of that script.
10. There are no refunds for any submitted screenplay. Coupons may not be applied to previously submitted scripts. Coupons deemed for WeScreenplay coverage may not be used for submission to the contest or addition of coverage to any submission unless explicitly stated or exempted on the coupon or by a WeScreenplay representative via e-mail communication only.
11. There is no limit on the number of scripts a writer or writing team may submit.
12. Prizes are award per script and teams of writers are expected to divide prizes on their own accord. WeScreenplay will send prizes to the writer who submits the project and will in no way be responsible for how the prizes are distributed among the writing teams.
13. The decision of the judges will be final and cannot be contested in any manner. There is no score on a scorecard that guarantees advancement to the next level as advancement will be based on all score in the competition.
14. Scorecards will be distributed to each script within a week of elimination from the competition, but early distribution does not necessarily indicate placement in the contest. Feedback and Coverage will ideally be distributed between 2 and 3 weeks following submission, but this is not guaranteed. We only guarantee that coverage will be provided before the Quarter Finalist Announcement.
15. WeScreenplay reserves the right to delay announcements for any reason. Delay may last up to but never more than 90 days. While we never anticipate any delays, such delays will not alter the standing of any screenplay entry and will qualify no script for a refund under any circumstance.
16. By entering the WeScreenplay contest every entrant is agreeing to all WeScreenplay Terms and Conditions listed and available before checkout. If you disagree with any terms you may not submit to the contest.
17. By submitting to the contest you are releasing your script to WeScreenplay and holding harmless WeScreenplay or any affiliates from any claims, expenses, and liabilities, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, copyright, libel, trademark infringement, slander, personal property infringement, etc.
18. Any prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit validating their entry into the contest.
19. Any cash prize winners of over $599 will be required to file a W-9 before the cash prize is distributed.
20. Any winners may have their name, script title, and picture used for any WeScreenplay promotions or promotions of our sponsors or affiliates.
21. Former Grand Prize, Second Prize, and Third Prize Winners of the contest may enter so long as it is NOT the same script that won in a previous year. Any other placement in former years does not disqualify the script from being entered this year.
22. Valid only where entry is permitted.
(If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)