A produced, optioned, commissioned and contest-winning British screenwriter who drinks rather too much tea and likes to blow shit up*.
*On the page.
• DARK SENSE (formerly FIRST AND ONLY). Paranormal thriller, feature. Writing assignment, in post-production (UK). https://pro-labs.imdb.com/title/tt4082314/?ref_=sch_intwww.firstandonlymovie.com
• IMMERSIVE COMBAT. Six short Virtual Reality films (action, sci-fi). Writing assignment, in post-production (US).
• SENTIENT (sci-fi, TV pilot). Commissioned (Australia).
• ZOMBIE PATROL (comedy-horror, feature). Optioned (US).
• THE DEVIL’S ANSWER (contained horror, feature). Optioned (US).
• FOOD CHAIN (horror, feature). Optioned (UK).
• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DEMON (comedy-horror, feature). Writing assignment, in development (UK).
• SURFACE TENSION (sci-fi, feature). Writing assignment, in development (Canada).
• BLUEBEARD (horror, short). Writing assignment, in development (Switzerland/Germany).
• UNTITLED WW2 DOCUDRAMA (TV). Writing assignment (treatment) (UK).
• DIETRICH BONHOEFFER (period/animation, short). Writing assignment (Australia).
• 10 Other Completed Feature & TV Pilot Scripts (Sci-Fi, Horror, Comedy, Action-Thriller)
Awards & Competitions
• Winner, Genre Summit Screenplay Competition (2018) – THE DEVIL’S ANSWER
• Winner, Visceral Films International Horror Screenplay Competition (2016) – ZOMBIE PATROL
• ISA Fellowship 2018 Top 50 Screenwriters
• Winner, Rocaberti Castle Writers Retreat Full Scholarship, 2017
• Honourable Mention (4thPlace), WeScreenplay International Competition (2016)
• Semi-Finalist (2016), WeScreenplay Diverse Voices Competition
• Semi-Finalist (2015), Stage 32 Search for New Blood Competition
• Several UK TV documentaries and over 200 corporate/industrial video scripts
• Author of 40 non-fiction books on the paranormal, history, crime and folklore
• Winner of the University of Chichester Thresholds Prize for Non-Fiction
• Articles in numerous specialist magazines and journals
• Ghostwriter currently hired to write a sci-fi thriller novel, and contributing to several non-fiction books
• Member of the Development Team for ScreenwritingU’s ‘Creating Terrifying Horror Screenplays’ class
• Freelance Proofreader and Copyeditor (scripts and books)
Education, Workshops & Affiliations
• Master Screenwriter Certificate Program (ScreenwritingU)
• Mastering the Thriller Genre (ScreenwritingU)
• Creating Terrifying Horror Screenplays (ScreenwritingU)
• The Mini-Movie Method (ScreenwritingU/Chris Soth)
• Comedy Writing for Screenplays (ScreenwritingU)
• ProSeries 53 (ScreenwritingU)
• University of Stirling, First Class Hons B.A. in Film & Media Studies
• Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art (Dundee), Postgrad Diploma in Electronic Imaging