If you watch "Walking With the Enemy", a drama/thriller starring Ben Kingsley, (on Amazon Prime) you'll see my name in the writing credits. It will be my fourth feature film writing credit. I'm a professional screenwriter-for-hire who's written for 24 different production companies.
My horror/thriller feature, "The Counting House" stars Maggie Q. I wrote the script for the feature film "The Tricks of Love", starring Natasha Lyonne, which won Best Picture at the Monaco International Film Festival and 3 major acting awards. Following please find my bio and credits.
Richard A. Lasser
310 990 5941
Resume - Credits
1. 'The Chosen Few', feature-length psychological thriller, produced by I VU Pictures. Writer and Co-Producer
2. "The Counting House", feature-length psychological horror, produced by RAI Cinema, Italy. Writer. A writer-for-hire project.
3. "The Tricks of Love, a feature-length romantic comedy by Mutressa Movies. www.mutressamovies.com
4. "The Obedient Son", short, war drama, Liberty Studios.
5. "I Scream", short, dark comedy. Late Bloomer Films. Writer and Director. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYj-NUo-R8
6. "Walking With the Enemy", writer, Liberty Studios
Mondo Motion Pictures shooting "Made in France" a bittersweet love story. shooting in Paris. 2020. Writer
"The Impeachment Trial of George W. Bush," San Francisco, May 2008.
1. "The Tricks of Love", Best Picture, Monaco International Film Festival, 2008
2. "The Chosen Few" Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley Film Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002
3. Chesterfield Writers Awards - Semi-Finalist
4. New Century Writers Awards - Finalist for "Young Love"
5. "Bedroom City" Official Selection for IFP Market 2006, No Borders Section.
Education, Training and Background:
B.A. University of Virginia, Double Major in English Honors and Russian Language and Literature
Postgraduate work, UCLA, Russian Studies
Robert McKee's Story Structure graduate
John Truby's Screenwriting graduate
Author of two books, (Great Vegetables From the Great Chefs and Great Desserts From the Great Chefs, for Chronicle Books. (under the pseudonym Baba S. Khalsa), numerous articles for The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine Magazine