Have you ever thought of exploring the horizons of your potential? Have you ever had these wild ambitions that go beyond your imagination? Have you ever pictured yourself as the new creator of shows such as Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, Spongebob Squarepants, The Loud House or Adventure Time?
If you can dream it, you can do it! I have contacts at major studios like as Disney, Nickelodeon, CN, Sprout, Netflix, Amazon, Frederator, Spalsh Entertainment and Zodiak Kids. I also have agents who could represent us. Naturally, if you have contact of your own to bring tto the table, that would be preferred. Compensation will be split and credits will be shared, of course.
- The show should be aimed at children from 6 to 11 and it should not exceed 11 min.
- COMEDY COMEDY COMEDY, one of the executives at CN told me this: "We’ve found pure comedy has better cut through with our audience, over straight action or adventure genres do." That said, it should be something funny and quircky like Spongebob or Steven Universe.
- Content-wise, it should be similar to shows like Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Regular Show, The Loud House, Sanjay and Craig, The Amazing World of Gumball, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law, Gravity Falls and The Fairly Oddparents. (NOTE: Know the marketplace! If you don't know these shows, do not contact me. I'm looking for someone who has experience with children's writing and who has a childish, funny prespective.)
- You should know how to draw. The quality should be up to the standards of Disney or other companies. If you can't draw, you can bring on a partner who is okay contributing for free until we get paid and they will get credits too. I prefer a storyboard artist.
- The show should focuses on the characters and should be children-centric. In other words it should be simple and catchy to capture the attention of any kid.
- When contacting me, submit a pitch bible. If you don't have any experience or never created a pitch bible for a children's show, there is no need to contact me. Submit your credits, or an IMDb link.
- Strong, relatable characters are the heart of it. We are looking for characters that our audience of boys and girls, ages 6 to 11, will love and want to see again and again!
- Lastly, it should be a funny show, strange, new concept, but most of all UNIQUE.
Only submit to this writing gig via the ISA web site. Direct emails will not be considered.