Shore Scripts was founded in 2012 with the clear goal of discovering new and exciting screenwriting talent from around the world. Our script consultancy services support our annual competitions and can also be purchased directly.
Our readers support a screenwriting competition that has the highest calibre of industry judges of any screenwriting organisation in the world. These include 35+ Oscar, Bafta, Emmy, Golden Globe, and Cannes winners. All of our judges read each year's top screenplays. We also have a roster of over 80 production companies and agents. Our writers alumni include Oscar winners. Many of our writers have had their work optioned, sold and made directly through entering Shore Scripts.
If your screenplay is reccomended by one of our consultants, we will send it out, with your prior consent, to relevent production companies on our roster.
* 5-Page Script Coverage – For Feature, TV-Pilot/Web Series, and Short Film Scripts–5 pages of constructive notes that focus on: Premise, Structure, Character, Dialogue, Pace, Marketability, and a Conclusion. It will give you a clear overview of your screenplay.
* 10-Page Script Development – For Feature, TV-Pilot/Web Series, and Short Film Scripts–10 pages of feedback on all areas of your screenplay, including: Premise, Structure, Character, Dialogue, Pace, Visuals, Believability, Marketability, and a Conclusion. It also includes an industry scorecard. Great for a comprehensive critique of your screenplay.
* 2-Page Script Coverage – For scripts with a maximum length of 35 pages– 2pages of notes that focus on: Premise, Structure, Character, Dialogue, Pace, Marketability, and a Conclusion. It will give you a clear overview of your short screenplay.It also includes an industry scorecard.
* Proofreading– Script readers always pick up on spelling, punctuation, grammar, and formatting mistakes, so it’s essential that your script is polishedbefore sending it out into the industry.
* 1-Hour Face to Face or Skype Consultation–Discuss your screenplayface to face with one of our experienced consultants. All aspects of your screenplay will be covered, with a specific focus on the weakest elements. The writer may note on the form below any areas they wish the consultant to pay special attention to. After your consultation, you will receive a 2-page report covering everything that was discussed.
Our readers have read for the likes of: Working Title, Lionsgate, Universal, BBC, Vertigo Films, Anchor Bay, Creative Europe Media, Cowboy Films, and many others. Do get in touch with any questions - leave a message in our comments tab!
Shore Scripts was setup to help emerging screenwriters break into the industry.
Producers, production companies and agents won’t read unsolicited material. However, all of the former is needed 99% of the time in order to gain that first credit. So, if they won’t read your work, how do you go about getting anything made! It’s a catch 22 situation.
Shore Scripts is made up of a small number of filmmakers working in the industry, both in the UK and US. Along with our Oscar, Cannes & BAFTA nominated judges, we have strong business relationships within the industry.
What we can ensure is that if a script leaps off the page, asking to be made, we have the means to get it into the hands of the most suited individual or company. There are obviously no guarantees after that point, but it will be out there and stand a chance.
We want to help writers create a career for themselves doing what they love to do!
(If you have posted a Writing Gig, please click the red GIG REQUESTS button to view your submissions. If you are a writer and want to be considered for the TOP 25, you must be an ISAConnect Member)